Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #1

How about adding remote control to your slide out

I'm getting ready to start modding my Whitehawk 24MBH and this was a project that seemed like a good idea. My trailer is still sitting on the dealers lot so I haven't been able to start tearing into it. I've got a few questions that I'd like to confirm before I start ordering parts. The biggest assumption that I'm making is that the slide out operates off a 12V DC reversible motor. If this is the case then it looks like the Gama Electronics RF12V1PR-ASL would be an easy way to add a remote control. Most of my research on the trailer side is based on pictures that I took during the pre-purchase. My assumption that the motors are 12V DC reversible is based on the switch used. So here is a link to the the Gama piece I mentioned above:
RF12V1PR-ASL RF Remote Control Reverse Polarity 12VDC Motor Control with Auxiliary Switch Input

Pictures of the wiring diagram provided by Gama, current wiring based on my guess work and how I think the Gama piece would be wired into my trailer. Hopefully someone can let me know if I'm making incorrect assumptions on the trailer side of things.
Attached Thumbnails
Gama Remote.jpg   Slide Out Remote Wiring.jpg  
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:48 AM   #2

We have remote control in our 338rets and I rarely use it for the slides. It sounded like a great idea until I realize that most of the time I put the slides out while standing inside watching for any problems. My only concern would be if the module failed while putting the slides out and it failed in the out position and you burned up the motor. If you decide to do it good luck and keep us posted how the project goes

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:10 AM   #3

We have a remote with our JayFlight 28RLS. It works the slide and awning, I like it. Like JohnWedell I don't use it all the time, but there has been a few times I had to be outside to see the clearance. With the remote I didn't have to go back inside, move a bit, hoping I didn't hit something, I could watch it from the outside. And yes, make sure it's clear on the inside before you extend. I don't think I've ever used it for retracting except for playing with it when we first got it.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #4

I have remote control and it's voice controlled My wife is inside and I'm outside.. one of us yells and the other responds... works almost perfectly and it was free

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #5

Our 2017 24mbh came with a remote from the factory .
Old 03-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Our 2017 24mbh came with a remote from the factory .

I'll trade you for a bike rack. I bought ours off the lot so I didn't get the power stabilizers or remote.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr View Post
I'll trade you for a bike rack. I bought ours off the lot so I didn't get the power stabilizers or remote.
We also bought ours off the lot. No power stabilizers either. Our remote controls the slide, power awning and awning lights. I believe its a standard option
tjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
We also bought ours off the lot. No power stabilizers either. Our remote controls the slide, and awning lights. I believe its a standard option

The 5 way remote is a $337.00 option. I'll eventually add the aftermarket remote for the slide. First project is going to be adding central vac to keep the DW happy.