Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #1

Installed detachable power cord

My apologies to ladamski for upstaging his post about installing one of these. His post is also where I got the idea so I'll just show the finished product and let him post pictures of the entire process (as he stated in his last post).
You will notice in the picture that the plug is slightly off-kilter to the left. That's because that is where the holes lined up from the original "mouse hole" fitting. If I would have drilled new holes they would have been too close to the existing holes (or so I thought). Anyhow, it works great except the plastic locking ring is very stiff so most of the time I'll just plug it in and forget about it rather than locking it down.
Attached Thumbnails
30 amp electrical conversion 2 (800x449).jpg  

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #2

That looks good Skip. I just did the plug conversion about 3 weeks ago. Then I decided that because we do a lot of cold weather camping, I installed a seperate cable hatch for an extention cord to run out to the electrical box and the sole purpose is to run an electric heater on its own circuit. see the photo below
Attached Thumbnails
20150613_193332 sm.jpg  
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAE View Post
That looks good Skip. I just did the plug conversion about 3 weeks ago. Then I decided that because we do a lot of cold weather camping, I installed a seperate cable hatch for an extention cord to run out to the electrical box and the sole purpose is to run an electric heater on its own circuit. see the photo below
Great idea! Wish I'd thought of that

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #4

+1

This is one of the very first mods I did to our Whitehawk. Its a real pain in the a$$ trying to pull that stupid power cord out and put it back each time. Now, unscrew the lock ring, give the plug a twist and its done. I put mine above the existing hole and plan to use the original hole for a 12A 110v cord dedicated for the microwave, if the a/c must be used at the same time.

Mike & Theresa, Madison, WI
2012 Jayco White Hawk 26SRK
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost FX4
Fatfenders is offline   Reply With Quote