Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2016, 07:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Love the magnet idea. Our J-steel framing is different (more metal framing) which should make this even easier. Since I lent you my idea, I hope you don't mind if I borrow yours!
by all means! Oh, and instead of drawer pulls to remove the panel to access underneath, I screwed on some grosgrain ribbon as a pull-tab, just below the magnets on the skirt, so it didn't interfere with the magnets. It was just long enough to stick out front enough to put a finger in and pull on. No Extra weight.

Enjoy!

beckyinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #12

Does The Skirt Always Have Screws?

I have a 15 X213, and my couch skirt is not held on with any screws that I can find. Are they behind the wood frame as I would expect or are they covered by the upholstery? Could there be nails under the upholstery? Could it be glued on? Has everyone who's tried this mod found something other than screws? Would like to do this but I don't want to put a crowbar to it to find out!

CmpLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:59 AM   #13

If you look at my post here: Jayco X213 Under Couch Access Mod – Restricted Ayerspace

The first picture shows a vertical 2-by vertical between the floor and the bottom of the steel couch frame. There were two screws through the back of this 2-by material into the back of the skirt panel. They are a little hard to see but you should be able to feel around and find them. Unless of course they switched to using construction adhesive...in which case options are limited for removal.
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #14

CmpLover - not sure that it is clear from above, so just in case...

You can access the back of the panel (and the screws mentioned above) by pulling the J-Steel partially open to a 30-45 degree angle and then craning your neck inside. Bring a flashlight, it can be dark in there. You can see the angle from X213_2015's link.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #15

Well, that's what is confusing. I've felt behind that 1x2 and stuck my head in there. There are no screws, screw holes, nothing. It's totally smooth. That's why I'm asking if anyone has seen the skirt attached in any other way?
CmpLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #16

You guys are working on removing your couches, I'm trying to make sure mine stays in place

The section of the couch that makes the L-shape in my trailer was held to the wall by two screws. It gets a rough ride going down the road and broke the two screws so I need to come up with a better method to hold it in place. Jayco just drives a couple of long wood screws into the outside wall to keep it where it's supposed to be.