Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #1

JayCo Octane SL 272 Mods

JayCo Octane SL 272 Mods

Main mod so far...

Kitchen shelf unit and accessories.

We needed to have additional shelving near the kitchen to semi-permanently mount the Keurig and Toaster and also provide a trashcan. Coffee and toast are a must in the mornings for our family. And since the 272 can sleep 10...

2 Harriscos 5' Black Vertical E-Tracks - amazon
2 Aluminum shelves from PitPosse - amazon
4 fixed shelf brackets for e-track from Northerntool
1 e-track Wastebasket from Northerntool
1 e-track Wire basket from Northerntool

Custom cut San Jamar C4400PF stainless steel cup dispenser for the big red cups - amazon
Stainless steel Paper towel holder above sink - amazon

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen Shelf.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	28626

Notes: Get a really good stud/electrical-wire finder and trace these on the wall. I used rubber washer'd roofing screws for the etracks (from Home Depot or Lowes) and also used a fiber-optic camera to check the studs/wires behind the walls (I think I bought that years ago for my boat work). Ensure power is off when doing the pilot holes for safety.

The vertical e track are specifically positioned to be off the floor and not all the way to the ceiling. To low and some etrack holes are useless and too high and its not usable either. They are also spaced just wide enough for the fixed etrack brackets on the waste can.

And FYI...with wall mounting and not hitting all screws on studs, I definitely are not going to use these for securing cargo more than you see here. No ATV/Motorcycles will be secured to these. These are just for Keurig and Toaster...
johnarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:32 AM   #2

Added a custom cut shelf to the cabinets over the sofa (right side of camper). The shelf was purchased at Home Depot and matches our cabinets perfectly - it was made by Rubbermaid of all people. Espresso brown.

11.75" depth and 43.5" length and notched the right two corners to fit. Used silver colored shelf brackets (Home Depot) and made holes to push the shelf brackets into the cabinet and walls. Then used tiny screws from under the brackets and into the bottom of shelf to hold in place during transport.

I purposely left the left-most part of the cabinet open for larger bedding and tall boxes of cereal.

Not shown is the cabinet shelf liners. I went with a slightly heavier black rubberish liner from HD or Lowes, not those cheap mesh ones which I found stick to your plates, etc. and annoyingly move around on you.

Name:	Shelf 1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	28629

In the picture you can also see additions of pop-a-plate, pop-a-napkin, pop-a-bowl, and pop-a-tissue underneath cabinet.

Name:	Shelf 2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	28630

You can also see the little rechargeable Black and Decker Lithium Vacuum. Best little vacuum on the planet. Really helps to keep the place tidy. Especially with sawdust made drilling pilot holes...and 4 kids spilling everything they touch...
johnarose is offline   Reply With Quote