Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #1

looking for idea

I have a Jayco 26bh, love the thing its a nice camper for my family. But the under the sink storage wear we keep are pots and pans is a mess. So im looking for some ideas of what to do. And for some reason I can't visualize what i want.
So pictures of what you folks have done would be a great help. thanks
Fireman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #2

i don't know on yours but on our 338 rets we have a low cabinet under our stove and we use that to store our pans ,most of the areas under sink are so full of stuff , plumbing and wires we didn't even try to put stuff under there
Old 03-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
i don't know on yours but on our 338 rets we have a low cabinet under our stove and we use that to store our pans ,most of the areas under sink are so full of stuff , plumbing and wires we didn't even try to put stuff under there
I have the same thing on mine, but we use it as are can storage
Old 03-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #4

Since you have a single door on your under sink storage area, you could build a pots and pans drawer that pulled out after you opened the door. I did this for my under oven space. You do have to spend some time neatening up the wiring so the drawer works properly, and also sizing of the drawer is important. The first pictures are of my 2011 Jayco X23J, the last one is of our new Starcraft 299BHU.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #5

If memory serves me correctly (my 26BH is in storage), you cannot add a normal slide out drawer to that area due the wheel well arch.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
If memory serves me correctly (my 26BH is in storage), you cannot add a normal slide out drawer to that area due the wheel well arch.
you would be right
Old 03-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #7

I made (what I call) "Nesting Racks" for both my pot-n-pan drawer and my upper cabinets. Simple to do: cut 1/4" plywood to size and cover with rubber shelf liner; lay pots & pans (or dishes/glasses/cups) onto shelf liner; mark at least 3 locations for posts; cut 5/8" dowel to length for posts, drill pilot hole in post ends to accommodate drywall screw; dip posts in "Plasti-Dip" (optional); install posts onto plywood by screwing "up" through underside of plywood into pilot hole in end of dowel; set "Nesting Rack" into cabinet or drawer; install pots & pans. Viola!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00076.jpg   DSC00083.jpg   DSC00075.jpg   DSC00068.jpg   DSC00069.jpg  

Old 03-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
I made (what I call) "Nesting Racks" for both my pot-n-pan drawer and my upper cabinets. Simple to do: cut 1/4" plywood to size and cover with rubber shelf liner; lay pots & pans (or dishes/glasses/cups) onto shelf liner; mark at least 3 locations for posts; cut 5/8" dowel to length for posts, drill pilot hole in post ends to accommodate drywall screw; dip posts in "Plasti-Dip" (optional); install posts onto plywood by screwing "up" through underside of plywood into pilot hole in end of dowel; set "Nesting Rack" into cabinet or drawer; install pots & pans. Viola!

that is really nice, great mod. I will be doing that as soon as it warms up a bit thanks for sharing
Old 03-02-2016, 08:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Cool I like that idea, im going to have to do that in my upper cabinets
Old 03-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #10

We went a different route and purchased the Magma 10-Piece Gourmet "Nesting" Cookware Set w/Ceramica® Non-Stick, along with a few additional accessories (sauté and colander) that nest into it. It has heavy bottoms so it doesn't burn and the ceramic lining is so easy to clean; handles are detachable. It is mighty heavy so we store it low in our TT and it travels very well. Highly recommended, so much so that we bought a set for our son's tent trailer.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #11

Our unit has a door on each end of the seats of the dinette. So I bought a couple of long rubbermaid type containers to fit the space and use it to store pots and pans, as well as the toaster, coffee maker and other heavy items. The containers are easy to slide out to grab stuff and this way, heavy items are on the floor, and they stay firmly in place in the rubbermaid container. And no, the doors have never opened up while travelling. Works great!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
We went a different route and purchased the Magma 10-Piece Gourmet "Nesting" Cookware Set w/Ceramica® Non-Stick, along with a few additional accessories (sauté and colander) that nest into it. It has heavy bottoms so it doesn't burn and the ceramic lining is so easy to clean; handles are detachable. It is mighty heavy so we store it low in our TT and it travels very well. Highly recommended, so much so that we bought a set for our son's tent trailer.
Great, now after reading your post, I 'had' to order the DW a set of these pans. I know she's gonna Love them, thanks!

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote