Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1

Maxxair II on a X23B?

Has anyone installed a Maxxair II on a X23B? Does the black tank sewer vent interfere at all with its installation?

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #2

Yup and Yup - partially. I couldn't put the vent squarely over the bath vent. Offset just enough to clear the sewer vent and went with it. It was a good addition to the TT. With some unit to unit variations I'd not be surprised that the tolerances would vary. If it just won't fit think about trimming the vent flange. We leave the bath vent open all the time (even in storage) and don't have any water coming in.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #3

I've been thinking seriously about doing this to my X23B.

So is there another vent cover that would be better "fit-wise"? Camco? What about the other Maxx Air vent cover, the Fan Mate?
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Might want to check out the "Standard" Maxxair in lieu of the Maxxair II. I had the same problem on my '05' Eagle and the Standard worked just fine.

http://www.maxxair.com/standard-maxxair.html

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #5

I recently installed the Camping World house brand "Max air" vent cover on my 23B. It is made of thicker plastic and when comparing them side by side seemed to be the beefier one of the two. All that aside, I trimmed the flange a bit on the corner by the sewer vent so I could center the cover on the crank up vent. I used the Harbor Freight oscillating multi-tool cutter thingy and it worked like a charm.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #6

Well, I installed the max-Air II yesterday. Once I was on the roof and test fitted it, there was lots of room.

The only issue I had was placing the ladder on the side of the TT. The roofing membrane is VERY thin and I a small nick in the membrane, when I checked the ladder for stability before climbing up.

2012 Jayco X23B
Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Well, I installed the max-Air II yesterday. Once I was on the roof and test fitted it, there was lots of room.

The only issue I had was placing the ladder on the side of the TT. The roofing membrane is VERY thin and I a small nick in the membrane, when I checked the ladder for stability before climbing up.

Just asking since I have not been up on the roof yet.... But is the roof on the X23B strong enough to stand on?
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #8

Lets day this, I would not have a party up there. I could feel the plywood flexing under my 200 pound load. I know there are wood trusses that make up the structural support (remove the speaker by the door and you can see the support member). My guess, from the feel of the roof, the plywood is ¼” luan supported every 2 feet.

If you going up there to do any work, I would recommend removing any keys, wallets, etc, and were soft shoes like tennis shoes. Put the stabilizers down before setting up the ladder. Regarding the ladder; wrap pipe insulation or cloth around the ladder uprights before leaning it against the TT. When you’re on top don’t jump.

I would say it is still better to get on top do your annual roof cleaning than to move a ladder around and reach.

2012 Jayco X23B
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
I recently installed the Camping World house brand "Max air" vent cover on my 23B. It is made of thicker plastic and when comparing them side by side seemed to be the beefier one of the two. All that aside, I trimmed the flange a bit on the corner by the sewer vent so I could center the cover on the crank up vent. I used the Harbor Freight oscillating multi-tool cutter thingy and it worked like a charm.
Yep, I picked up the same one from CW on sale for I believe $19. I liked it over the Max air also because it felt heavier and had the added side vents.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote