Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
dcv

MODS to Jayco Eagle 339FLQS

There are lots of great ideas and MODS on this site with a lot of intelligent innovators. First off I want to thank those of you that help me, when I needed some assistance and directions on the how to's.

First MOD:
was changing all the oem factory faucets and especially the shower faucet and head to an brushed nickel Oxygenics Body spa Shower head. What an improvement over the standard factory shower head. Bathroom sink faucet changed to a Delta brushed nickel from Home Depot. The kitchen sink, my DW wanted a brushed nickel taller single handle faucet with removable sprayer to fit a larger pan underneath.
dcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #2
dcv

Second MOD:
JT Strongarm Stabilizers to the front LCI Auto Levelers. What a difference this made. Considering on doing the rear levelers, but haven't done yet. Still reading on this site to determine what needs to be done to add the rear JT Strongarms. I've read a few posts that a piece of steel or angle iron will need to be added to attach the rear JT Strongarms to.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
dcv

Third MOD:
Removed the manual crank front vent without fan and installed a MaxxFan Deluxe 7500K Smoke that features 10 speeds with intake/exhaust. My DW wanted this model, because of the ceiling fan mode, being our coach didn't have a ceiling fan. Due to the skylight option with no room. This model is also low profile with a unique patented rain shield. Which is a big plus, being it's mounted in the front of the coach. This model also moves over 900 cfm's of air. It also comes with a remote.
Attached Thumbnails
20160826_185623.jpg   20160806_161446.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 AM   #4
dcv

Fourth MOD

While installing the MaxxFan with the A/C running, notice lots of cool air coming from between the ceiling and the (roof)insulation. Took a few A/C grilles off from the ceiling and noticed that there is a uncovered gap of space. After reading several threads from this site, decide to go to the local heating and cooling contractor and pickup a roll of good tin duct sealer tape. The big box store stuff just does not hold up well in extreme temperature areas.
Installed the tin tape to the entire duct opening area(as in pictures).
What a difference in the A/C air movement compared to prior before the MOD was done. We currently have (1) A/C unit, which is a 15k Coleman RVP Whisper Quiet unit.
Attached Thumbnails
20160903_214825.jpg   20160903_214749.jpg   20160903_214528.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #5
dcv

Fifth MOD - Backup Camera

The Backup camera MOD, I acquired information from TxTwoSome that replied to my thread on how to install a back up camera non wireless. Started with a Sony IR wired camera, which will be mounted above the center taillight between the roof edge and light top. Drilled (2) pilot holes, prior to attaching bracket, added black buytl tape to the back of the mount bracket. Pulled the screw cover vinyl molding up on one side and cut a small hole for the video cable to travel through to the corner. At the corner, cut another small hole and put wire in plastic wire loom on the exposed corner area. Then ran cable in the down side vinyl screw cover molding. Routed the cable to the bottom of the coach and then used Novaflex Black to fill in the small holes in the vinyl screw cover to prevent water intrusion. The video cable was insert into black plastic wire loom to protect it from elements on the underside of coach. Attached rubber coated wire holders on areas, where I could not combined with the current wires that were there from the factory. In the front, below the pass through storage is where I entered the coach to travel to the front pinbox area. Attached the wire to the aluminum frame above pass through storage with holders and exited the area through the main 12v battery wire existing hole. Re applied Polyurethane spray foam to this area. The wire was then routed across the back of the front compartment to the center area and then used fiberglass fish tape to route to pinbox for a clean installation. At the pinbox there is a coiled cable to attach to the TV. Our TV has the 8" MyTouch screen with a Lockpick module in it to attach the trailer backup camera to the factory screen.
Attached Thumbnails
20160924_165913.jpg   20160810_174344.jpg   20160924_165904.jpg   20160924_165823.jpg