Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #21

bcosco, what did you screw the hinge into on onside wall? Is the front wall framed? My 2015 is still in storage. Thx. Looks like a great idea! Thx.
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #22

Don't know if I posted this here last year or not. But I added a dimmer on my LED awning lights that worked out great! Here's the post. Added a Dimmer to my LED Awning Lights.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27807
Old 04-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #23

Iplumb. The wall is framed. It's about 1.5" thick. The hard board is about 3/16 thick. I used 1/2" screws with the piano hinge, into the hard board.
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #24

I was thinking about buying,
This sway/weight hitch, any thoughts??

Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch
Old 04-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcosco View Post
I was thinking about buying,
This sway/weight hitch, any thoughts??

Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch

I use it with my X213 works great.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
I use it with my X213 works great.

Ditto.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #27

I'm not sure of I need it. I have been on a trip with my trailer fully loaded. My truck is 3300 lbs more then my trailer. I didn't have any sway, my truck only dropped 1 inch on the rear suspension and 1/2" on the front with the trailer hooked up.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #28

More x213 Mods

Quote:
I'm not sure of I need it. I have been on a trip with my trailer fully loaded. My truck is 3300 lbs more then my trailer. I didn't have any sway, my truck only dropped 1 inch on the rear suspension and 1/2" on the front with the trailer hooked up.

It would help level you out, Looks a little high in the front although everyone avatar is blurred when I click on them? I don't like sway when passing, or being passed. But I'm pulling with a 1/2 ton crew.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #29

Quote:
I hope you can see what I have done. I still need to add some trim and shocks to the lid.
How did you get the top lid off? I made a gentle attempt to getting it off so I could reach the screws for the bottom bunk, but I reached the end of my comfort zone without making obvious progress towards that end. Looking at your pictures it seems like maybe it's attached by a number of fasteners?

I 'raised' the lower bunk this weekend. Which is to say, I went ahead and built another bunk support 12 inches higher up, and left the original mounts in place for now. I am sure it's not as strong as the factory job, but I braced it as well as I could, and it did hold my not inconsiderable weight (250#) without making any scary sounds. Just my 3 year old son sleeps on it so it'll be many years before he's heavy enough for it to worry me, and it seems unlikely I'll have this trailer that long. Given that I've already had mild buyer's remorse (kinda wishing we had opted for the 23BHM instead), I imagine eventually I'll scratch that itch and get something with more floor space .
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #30

Hi Roots.

I gather u saw the pics on page 2 of this thread. The first thing I did was gently pry up the lid to see if there was use able room. The first thing you need to do is cut the top lid along the edge that contacts the tall cabinet. Once you open that it makes it much easier to pull out the million staples that hold everything together. Once I removed the lid and cleaned all the staples I cut off 1/4" from the lid to allow it room to swing.
I also added hydraulic struts to support the lid and slow down the closing so my kids don't loose any fingers.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:00 AM   #31

Quote:
Hi Roots.

I gather u saw the pics on page 2 of this thread. The first thing I did was gently pry up the lid to see if there was use able room. The first thing you need to do is cut the top lid along the edge that contacts the tall cabinet. Once you open that it makes it much easier to pull out the million staples that hold everything together. Once I removed the lid and cleaned all the staples I cut off 1/4" from the lid to allow it room to swing.
I also added hydraulic struts to support the lid and slow down the closing so my kids don't loose any fingers.
Yah, I saw the pictures but wasn't sure if there was just a fastener somewhere that I was missing -- four screws where it meets the front wall of the camper, but nothing else. Wasn't willing to just push & pull without knowing. I've got to remember that staples are how these things are put together. Ha!
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #32

Hey do you have any pictures of what it looks like when you finished?
e_shanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #33

E. SHANLEY AND OTHERS

here is a link for x213 Owners about 40 pages of info and pictures

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post428638