Originally Posted by bcosco
I gather u saw the pics on page 2 of this thread. The first thing I did was gently pry up the lid to see if there was use able room. The first thing you need to do is cut the top lid along the edge that contacts the tall cabinet. Once you open that it makes it much easier to pull out the million staples that hold everything together. Once I removed the lid and cleaned all the staples I cut off 1/4" from the lid to allow it room to swing.
I also added hydraulic struts to support the lid and slow down the closing so my kids don't loose any fingers.
Yah, I saw the pictures but wasn't sure if there was just a fastener somewhere that I was missing -- four screws where it meets the front wall of the camper, but nothing else. Wasn't willing to just push & pull without knowing. I've got to remember that staples are how these things are put together. Ha!