Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #1

Moved the Micro Wave location today

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	13900We have never used the oven and it's to small to really store anything in it so the stove is history. We have never been without electric so we don't need the Propane either so that's history to. We have a portable Butane cook stove that we use a lot outside along with a fire pit and the combo works fine for us. If it rains we just bring the stove inside.
The Micro Wave was to high to use it safely so I lowered it just under my new counter top/cutting board. We now have much more storage space with the Micro gone.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #2

Took another shot
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Nice way to adapt the rig to your needs.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Nice way to adapt the rig to your needs.
Couldn't have put it any better myself. Very nice job!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #5

X3
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #6

Thank you all and it was an easy project.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #7
Site Team

Question? Do have any plan to restore it to its previous condition if you ever decide to sell ? I would think it may not fit the needs of the next owner and make it harder to sell or trade. Just a thought.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Question? Do have any plan to restore it to its previous condition if you ever decide to sell ? I would think it may not fit the needs of the next owner and make it harder to sell or trade. Just a thought.
That was my 1st thought and there was no remodel. The stove and the wave are the exact width. Electric is still intact and I bought an old cabinet door and removed the center panel, sand and stain,poly(3) coats. Bought a piece of ribbed glass to match the glass on the other side above the sofa.
Cutting board was another old oak cabinet door,cut to fit,sand,stain,poly(4)coats and attach brackets from under side of counter top, screw it down and I'm done.
BTW if in the future I want to just add a stove cook top it will fit with the Mocro still in its current location. It's resting on a little platform approx.2-1/2" up but hidden by the black grill.
The old door I used and finished
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #9

Where did you get the counter extention and hardware? I need something similar in the dark color you have for our bathroom. All I really see on the internet is small and white oak.
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
Where did you get the counter extention and hardware? I need something similar in the dark color you have for our bathroom. All I really see on the internet is small and white oak.
I bought that counter top extension from Lowe's home improvement. I think it was a 2'x4' shelf material. Not good looking in the raw at all but I knew I could make it look better or at least I think it looks better. I used a piece of construction paper to trace the curve at the edge of the counter top first then cut the wood. I stained it with Minwax Wood Finish (I mixed two stains together) and they were 4 parts of cherry#235 and 1part of red mahogany#225. To get the desired depth of the color it needed 3 coats FOR THAT WOOD! 4 coats of poly to waterproof it.
Ordered the hardware from On line and I'll look that up when I get home tonight for ya.
With the extension up we can still open the door and go in and out with no problem. It great when washing dishes from left to right.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #11

Cool mods Tunce. I use my oven (great for baking bread) so I won't move my micro, but I have done other mods to my TT to make it fit my needs. It's fun to personalize the ol' home on wheels, isn't it!

I've been wanting to build a countertop extension in my 26BH. Thanks for explaining your countertop mod.

And heck, you're just up north from me. I'm in Bonnie Lake.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #12

You made it look nice. My wife wants somewhere to put her curling iron in the bathroom, not to mention some extra counter space.
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
You made it look nice. My wife wants somewhere to put her curling iron in the bathroom, not to mention some extra counter space.
I put 2 command hooks in the shower stall to hang wet clothes from being out in rainy weather during the day. If you don't use it for showers maybe you can put one up to hang the curling iron. These Command hooks are rated for 3 lbs. and they have others.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Cool mods Tunce. I use my oven (great for baking bread) so I won't move my micro, but I have done other mods to my TT to make it fit my needs. It's fun to personalize the ol' home on wheels, isn't it!

I've been wanting to build a countertop extension in my 26BH. Thanks for explaining your countertop mod.

And heck, you're just up north from me. I'm in Bonnie Lake.
Here's a close up of the extension, it's 12-3/8" wide by 19-3/8" long with a radius rear corner for easy enter or exit. That left me 16" to walk around for the enter/exit and that's more than enough. It's easy open the door and lock it at night if you keep it up.
I bought the "Folding Shelf Bracket" on eBay (sold in pairs) in white for $15.00 I think and their 8" ones and they also make 12" ones.
Bonnie Lake, looks like we're neighbors and for a cold one I'll give a hand.
To mix the stain I bought 2 eye droppers from Walgreens and that works out for other projects also.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #15

While I'm at it here is a step I made for my Hybrid bunk end. It's 10" high and 10x10 and I didn't stain it because I wanted it to be easy to see.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #16

These are the stairs I made for Tunce so she doesn't have to jump up or down. It's great for the little grand kids too. There removable but I can also close the slide and leave them in place with a 1/2" to spare. I do have to remember to remove the carpet at the front edge thou, don't want Tunce to slip on the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #17

Dude, if this reincarnation thing turns out to be true; can I come back as your dog?
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #18

Love the mods, we travel with a Great Dane & Golden Retriever. Camping is not camping w/out the dogs!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCoveDave View Post
Dude, if this reincarnation thing turns out to be true; can I come back as your dog?
Sure thing Dave and you see that bag of treats on the table? Well, she didn't eat any she only ate the cheese and crackers. Can't find the other pic. I'm looking for but we don't eat red meat and when we grill outside when camping (3times a week) she always gets a Steak and a good one at that. Sometimes when people walk by and say "that serf and turf looks really good" we say NO the Steak is for Tunce we don't eat meat. Get some strange looks but ya know they just spent $50 sum K on their rig and this is just a steak. This dog would die for me and this is the least I can do.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVCamper View Post
Love the mods, we travel with a Great Dane & Golden Retriever. Camping is not camping w/out the dogs!
Did you buy your TT with the dogs in mind just like we did?