Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #1

My 26BH Mods

Here's pictures of some of the mods I made to my 26BH. It's always a work in progress.

I added a shelf to the cabinet above the dinette. It basically doubles the storage space.

I added a shelf and laundry basket to the wardrobe on each side of the bed.

Full length queen mattress from Ikea. The bed platform was extended and reinforced.

I removed the blank panel above the fridge and installed a bottom. Added bungee cords that unhook. Reclaimed dead space!

Added bungee cords that unhook to the open shelf above the stereo. Great place for bread and chips and now they don't fall out during travel.

My favorite mod. I moved the interior and outside light switch to beside the door where it should be. It was hidden behind a cabinet door above the dinette. Now it's easily accessible from in or outside.
I also added the grab bar to the screen door. It keeps everyone from pushing against the screen.

I added a Raspberry Pi running Kodi to the TV. Simply load all the movies, TV, music, or photos on a memory stick and they're instantly accessible via remote control on the TV.
andrewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #2

Great ideas, and now I know what to do with my Raspberry Pi. I had no idea you could use it like that.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:32 AM   #3

Just download the Kodi operating system to an SD card and you're done. You'll need a cheap remote and receiver too. $5 from China or maybe Amazon. I bet if I plug my phone into the Pi I can play everything on there too.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #4

I'm on it, thank you
Old 08-22-2016, 05:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewe View Post
Here's pictures of some of the mods I made to my 26BH. It's always a work in progress.

I removed the blank panel above the fridge and installed a bottom. Added bungee cords that unhook. Reclaimed dead space!

Everything looks good! I also added shelves in the cupboards above the sink/couch and dinette. Makes a big difference for sure.

I have been eyeing that dead space over the microwave in my 26BH for a while now. Would love to see another picture or two of the inside of that space if you don't mind. Was there any wires running down through there at all? Did you have to take the microwave out to put the new bottom in?

I also put a factory door in the center blank spot over the queen bed.

Look forward to seeing your future mods! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #6
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
I have been eyeing that dead space over the microwave in my 26BH for a while now. Would love to see another picture or two of the inside of that space if you don't mind. Was there any wires running down through there at all? Did you have to take the microwave out to put the new bottom in?
Our 287BHSW has the same blank panel over the microwave and I've been eyeing it up, as well. Interested to see how this was done.

Bryan
Old 08-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #7

What is a Rasberry Pi, and what does it do for you?

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #8

The centre cabinet door above the bed looks great. I'll add that to my list.

To do the shelf above the microwave I just pushed the panel out. The microwave came out with a few screws on the face and there are no wires in the way. It was very easy to do. Screw in a couple supports and cut a shelf to fit. There's not much I can show you with pictures as it's all covered up.

The bungee cord is screwed in on both ends and just wraps over screws in between to make the zig zag. It holds everything in great while travelling and is out of the way when we're set up. No more deep bends to get a frying pan from a bottom cabinet.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #9

The Raspberry Pi is just a tiny, low cost, low power consumption computer that can run many custom operating systems. Mine runs Kodi which is a media centre that plays anything you put on a memory stick. We have tons of kid's shows, movies, and a bunch of TV shows on ours.

Download an operating system to an SD card, plug it in, and that's it.

I tried plugging in my android phone to access files but the phone wasn't recognized.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #10

I'm running Kali Linux on mine and use it for penetration testing (computer hacking basically) for my day job. Haven't put any other distros on it, will probably get a stack of memory cards so I can play with some of the 'entertainment' capabilities. I knew it could work as a mini-DVR, just had never considered putting it in the TT until today The original mission statement for the developers of the Raspberry was to bring computers into the poorest of households. They are *cheap* and run well. New versions come out every year or so. It uses ARM based processors (like in your cell phone) and can do lightweight web browsing and other computing tasks. It will bog down fast if you try to use it as a replacement for a real desktop.

Tags
26bh mods