Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #21

I have the same blue fan, have had it almost two years now. It works great to keep the fridge cold throughout, no cold spots. It also help to keep items from freezing and keeps frost from building up on the cooling fins. One thing, it can be heard running at night if you are sleeping close to the fridge, but not to bad. I have a 5w so I am not even close to it so it doesn't bother me.
silveradomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #22

Say tafische, for this fan you added, does it mount onto the fins, for max air flow over the fins? Or is the intention to promote general air flow within the fridge?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by David472 View Post
Say tafische, for this fan you added, does it mount onto the fins, for max air flow over the fins? Or is the intention to promote general air flow within the fridge?
It actually has a clip on the back side of the fan. You clip it to the fin and it completes the ground and starts up the fan. It blows back onto the fins and then circulates air better throughout the unit. I talked with the guy that sells them and they tested the extensively blowing forward, backwards, and even one in each direction. They found the best cooling was when it blew back onto the fans.

I tested it blowing on the sensor and just the fins and with it blowing on the sensor it seemed to make the freezer a little bit colder.

I can tell you this - the overall fridge cavity was much more even all the way down to the bottom where before I had a hard time keeping the lower shelf and drawer very cold. Time will tell as we have not used it above 80o outside yet but I expect good results.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #24

Ok -- I have to make a follow up post to my mods in regard to the fridge --

I just got back from camping in the same place, same week as last year -- in the hot summer heat (95+ degrees).

Last year I struggled to keep my fridge cool. It would only get in the mid 50s and I was worried my food would spoil. Two big differences for this year -- I turned on the fridge a week ahead of time and more importantly I installed the fan.

This year my fridge was in the mid 30s at the top and mid 40s at the bottom. My freezer was around -6 all week and kept the popsicles nice and frozen. No way I could do that last year....I really think these interior fridge fans are well worth it!

Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #25

Great video and good explanation of things. I've done some of the same mods in the last two weeks. The 30 amp power, antenna add on, the vent covers. My fridge works so well that on level no.3 it keeps ice cream in the freezer hard. I have a battery back up one if I need it. I also noticed that it came with a fan mounted behind the freezer which I think works off of the thermostat because I have yet to see it work.

I had a trailer similar to yours for 14 years. My kids loved the bunk beds. Each was very happy with being where they were. My son didn't want the top bunk and my daughter didn't want the lower one so it all worked out great. I still remember my daughter dangling things off the top bunk to annoy her brother. Funny stuff actually and good memories. Thanks for sharing with us.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #26

Thanks for the video. Was wondering if your thermostat is for the Heat only. I would like to change mine but not too sure if having a dual cold/heat thermostat makes a difference. Thanks.

:newbie:
teeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #27

The thermostat is for both heat and cool as was the one I replaced. I believe your swift is pretty similar to mine. Do you have the ducted AC controlled by the thermostat?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #28

No..wish I did but that is okay will deal. Just need to the heat to come on and go off quicker. It takes the these thermostats longer to initiate the heater or turn it off.

:newbie:
teeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #29

Excellent video, thanks for sharing!
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote