Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Beacon
Posts: 316
New Reading Lights

We were tired of the puck lights over our bed that were as bright as a thousand suns, so I swapped them out for these blue/white LED lights that come standard on higher end travel trailers and fifth wheels. I may relocate them to the back of the headboard area next spring, but for now they look great and create a much more restful bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
__________________

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 884
Nice!
__________________

dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 17
Link please, that's one of my off season mods. Really looks great, very nice.
jjvirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
SMS1115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Fuquay-Varina
Posts: 424
Looks great!
__________________
Steve
----------
2008 Jay Flight G2 29BHS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Beacon
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvirginia View Post
Link please, that's one of my off season mods. Really looks great, very nice.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
__________________
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH, Glacier package
2010 F150 XLT SCREW, 4x4, 5.4L Triton, HD Tow
Andersen No-Sway Weight Distribution Hitch
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:06 AM   #6
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,646
I replaced the bulbs in mine with LED's but we still did not like looking up into the BRIGHT light, even though it was on the headboard wall. I spend a lot of time reading in bed before sleep so I looked around and found a small LED clip-on lamp that is powered by ac. It clamps onto the small sideboard next to my side and is very versatile for getting the light just right. I have used it fir 4 years and have given up any thoughts of changing out the dc powered ones.

Got it from Lowes in the lighting section.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Select...-Shade/3394398
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:54 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 884
Here's a link to another thread on bedroom light mods.
I attached mine to the side of the bedroom wardrobes, and snaked the wires through the false bottom of the over-the-bed cabinets. As Mikey and Norty said above, it is much nicer to have the light shining on your book rather than in your face.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...mod-39125.html
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
TWP723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 3,268
Nice job Mikey! I likey!
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2013 Ford F350 6.7L 4x4 CCLB
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Beacon
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
Here's a link to another thread on bedroom light mods.
I attached mine to the side of the bedroom wardrobes, and snaked the wires through the false bottom of the over-the-bed cabinets. As Mikey and Norty said above, it is much nicer to have the light shining on your book rather than in your face.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...mod-39125.html
Dewey, nicely done! That's EXACTLY where I plan to migrate mine to in the spring. I'll reinstall the factory lights over the bed, where they'll go largely unused but will at least cover up the holes Jayco made in the paneling.
__________________
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH, Glacier package
2010 F150 XLT SCREW, 4x4, 5.4L Triton, HD Tow
Andersen No-Sway Weight Distribution Hitch
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Beacon
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I replaced the bulbs in mine with LED's but we still did not like looking up into the BRIGHT light, even though it was on the headboard wall. I spend a lot of time reading in bed before sleep so I looked around and found a small LED clip-on lamp that is powered by ac. It clamps onto the small sideboard next to my side and is very versatile for getting the light just right. I have used it fir 4 years and have given up any thoughts of changing out the dc powered ones.

Got it from Lowes in the lighting section.

Shop Style Selections 15-in Adjustable Brushed Steel LED Clip-On Desk Lamp with Metal Shade at Lowes.com
That's a good solution, Norty!
__________________

__________________
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH, Glacier package
2010 F150 XLT SCREW, 4x4, 5.4L Triton, HD Tow
Andersen No-Sway Weight Distribution Hitch
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.