Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
I fired off an email early this morning and just received the following:

That is correct we will have our stand alone system field tested ready to ship to the aftermarket dealers by the end of Jan 2012. We are already shipping to OEM coach builders as of 1/Dec/2011.
Please be aware that we already have an 100% electric heat add on system for existing gas furnaces that allows you to switch back and forth between Gas or Electric at the flip of a switch. If you have a gas furnace is may be easer that removing it and installing the stand a lone (they both have the same heating ability).
Either one of our systems have the ability to heat your coach to a comfortable 72 inside at a zero degree outdoors temp (Check our gas furnace compatibility chart on the bottom of our FAQ page).

Sent from my iPad
Larry McGaugh

RV Comfort Systems
Ph 425-408-3140

The CheapHeat™ system has been registered with the US patent office to protect its customers from fakes and imitations. As a patented product, you can be confident that a thorough search has been made at the US Government Archives to ensure that the CheapHeat™ system is not an uncertified spinoff of another product.

Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Now that thing is AWESOME!! But with msrp at $880, I think I'll continue burning gas for now.

Bryan, Pam and Cameron
Winder GA
2003 Jayflight 27BHS, 2004 Ford Expedition
3Pillons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
Larry McGaugh from RV Comfort Systems sent me an email the following is that email.

I have tried to log on to the Jayco Owners forums but for some reason it won't recognize my user name. The Stand-A-Lone system provides the same amount of heat as the Add-on System.

CH50-DH50 comparable to a 40,000 btu Gas furnace

CH50-DH37 Comparable to a 30,000 btu Gas furnace

CH50-DH18 Comparable to a 20,000 btu Gas furnace

The DH37 and DH50 require a 50 amp service.

When talking about heat output, remember that a gas furnace is only 60% efficient, 40% of the heat goes out the flue. But an Electric heater has no flue so its 100% efficient. So means a 40,000 btu furnace in is only 24,000 btu output. Additionally a gas furnace has a 60 sec pre-purge cycle and a 90 sec post-purge cycle. Which means that for every heating cycle there is 2 1/2 minutes of run time with no flame (heat). After taking the 2 1/2 minutes of no fire each heat cycle your true output into the coach is about 18,000 btu measured at the register.

Our DH50 has a true 17,500 btu output to the register (add-on or Stand-A-Lone). The best way to explain it is if you measure the temp at the floor register the electric is with in 5 degrees + or - depending on the length of the ducting. The DH50 draws 21 amps (about the same as 2 roof AC) per leg on a 50-amp service leaving 29 amps per leg to run the coach (58 amps at 120 VAC to run the coach).

Larry McGaugh

RV Comfort Systems
Rod & Linda From Wisconsin
1- Labs (Ronnie)
2011 Eagle 320RLDS
2015 Chevy Silverrado 2500
14,000#/1400 Equal-i-zer 4-way sway bars
www.rodsrvneeds.com (for all your RV needs)
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Rolly Send a message via Yahoo to Rolly
Larry McGaugh became a member of JOF today. I am sure he can answer any questions you guys have
Rolly AKA "KxCowboy"

'75 Dodge Class A Motorhome AKA "The Getto" :eek:
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Originally Posted by rodro123 View Post
Larry McGaugh from RV Comfort Systems sent me an email...
I got the same thing in a PM. One of the mods might want to email Larry to see why he couldn't log on.

I have a lot of questions but since the new heater won't be available for aftermarket until late this month, I'll just wait until the website updates before bugging the guy. I was impressed with how fast he replied to my first inquiry...on a holiday even! I've got plenty of time to make a decision.

Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote