Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #1

OK, I'll go first

You can see the mods I did to our previous hybrid and current Jayco by clicking on the webshot link in my sig.

C'mon, share what did to your rig.

M O D = Making Ours Different
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #2

You are certainly a handyman!!!
Nice job on making your Jayco to your taste!!!
I have a few MOD's of my own, but nowhere near the extent you have made. Perhaps my next TT will have a few MODs that I can post pictures and make recommendations!
NICE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #3

I haven't had the chance to do any mods yet, but when in warms up I hope to replace the pleated shower accordian door with a shower curtain (current door is nasty at the bottom), replace the vinyl in the kitchen and the carpet in living room, slide and bathroom with hard surface flooring (probably Allure Vinyl flooring). I also intend on getting a roll of eternabond and cover all the caulkable areas on the roof. I'll post pics when/if it happens.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #4

Holy Cow are we looking to do mods! We picked up our new Jayco in Sept and traveled straight away for the next three weeks. Then it was just a weekend or two because I took on my daughter's grade 1/2 class while she endured a disability leave for a month then another 6 weeks (current) for maternity leave. We haven't done any mods, but are really looking forward to seeing what folks have done and then attempting them on our own come June when we can *really* hit the road once again (planned with our older granddaughers btw)!

So bring on those pics all ya'all (sorry, trying to apeal to all those Texans out there LOL)

Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #5

Three Max Vent Covers, Shock Absorbers and anchorag forthe Kipor Genset.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #6

Howdy all,
I totally lucked out with the pleated shower curtain. A buddy of mine purchased a new to him Jayco travel trailer (really nice). It had a small tub/shower, so he removed his pleated shower curtain door and replaced it with one of those expanding shower curtain rods. He gave me his pleated shower curtain door, and with little modifications, it fit my rig just fine.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #7

Glad to hear the shower curtain work out for you rvrev2.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #8

We've had our Jayfeather tt for 9 months now and have made a few mods ourselves. For starters, we removed all of the wooden "curtain" frames around the windows. I sewed curtains to replace them - made things much more open and better privacy than the shades. Also did alot of over-the-door things: took a clear plastic OTD shoe rack and cut it in half. Hung one on each of our bedroom wardrobe doors to store undies and socks...used the
luvsgoldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #9

used the 3M hooks for the wall and hung a shoe bag inside a wardrobe near the bathroom for toiletry supplies...magnetic paper towel holder on the side of the stove hood...IKEA cutting board fits exactly over the burners of the stove, creating more countertop space....just a few ideas for you guys!
luvsgoldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsgoldens View Post
For starters, we removed all of the wooden "curtain" frames around the windows. I sewed curtains to replace them - made things much more open and better privacy than the shades.
Can you post a pic? I'd love to see how it turned out
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #11

I haven't done much-- but I did made things a little easier.

First thing I did was to made a hitch on the back of our trailer. I welded 3" tube steel from frame to frame, welded a 2" receiver to that then tig welded the receiver to the underside of the bumper.

(a little dirty but you get the picture)
Then I welded all steel frame for my genny and a piece of 2" tube steel -- and bolted the genny to the frame, welded a chain to the frame and put a lock around the genny to keep honest people honest. I also bought a lock for the receiver.

The fame has just enough room for the genny and a Jerry Can.

I spent my life in the NAVY so am used to NAVY showers-- installed a ball valve on the shower head. Teh shower head was cheap, I should have just replaced it with one that didn't leak-- but I was bored and had a extra valve in the tool box. I might cut it off and buy a nice head.
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #12

The area where the water heater is located was only accessible by removing a cabinet door that was screwed on. I put hinges on the door and gained a little hidey hole.

I installed a safety net so my 3 year old wouldn't roll off the top bunk onto my head.

The way it's supposed to work is the weight of the mattress is supposed to ensure the bar doesn't tip up. Obviously the weight of that little foam wouldn't cut it. so I took off the top board of the bunk, shored the inside frame up better, put the top board back on, then bolted the long bar that goes under the mattress to the bunk.

I installed a 3 stage battery charger and mounted the display on the outside. No biggy.

I'm welding together a new battery box out of diamond plate-- should be nice.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #13

you cant edit past two minutes? That picture of the three stage display was supposed to be this one--
Old 06-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #14

JP,

Impressive modifications! The hinged door accessing your hot water heater is now standard on some Jaycos--it is on our 2010 29RLS. Fine lookin' grandson, too.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #15

LOL...a boy and a tree can never pass unchallenged!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #16

I have added the JT's stabilizers, plus I have a Kipor 2000 generator which I take when boondocking. I lock it to my front jacks when on location.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 AM   #17

Thanks guys.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
Old 11-24-2010, 03:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrev2 View Post
I haven't had the chance to do any mods yet, but when in warms up I hope to replace the pleated shower accordian door with a shower curtain (current door is nasty at the bottom), replace the vinyl in the kitchen and the carpet in living room, slide and bathroom with hard surface flooring (probably Allure Vinyl flooring). I also intend on getting a roll of eternabond and cover all the caulkable areas on the roof. I'll post pics when/if it happens.
rvrev, did you replace the carpet? Just curious how easy (or hard) that was too do?

Thanks
grncrdbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #19

My Jayco fiver is fifteen years old, she has needed a few bit of moderate level surgery, mostly to replace rotted wood on the rear cap.

Here is a list of what I have done to my rig since getting her back near her tenth birthday:

* Added Fantastic Vent to bedroom
* Added MaxxVent covers on both Fantastic Vents
* Replaced ceiling panels in bedroom
* Replaced carpeting throughout
* Added wood grain molding to cover the rubber trim between the walls and the ceiling
* Added KingDome satellite dome system
* Added Sanyo 27 " flat screen LED TV
* Replaced factory radio with Kenwood AM/FM/CD/Sirius satellite radio receiver
* Replaced curtains in living/dining/bath with new custom made curtains fabricated by the DW.
* Added new kitchen faucet with spray attachment
* Added two additional deep cycle batteries with a 1000 watt inverter to power my CPAP machine and the TV and satellite receiver when dry camping
* Replaced the old "Jayco" logos on the exterior with the newer style, had them custom fabricated by a local sign shop
* Rebuilt bed pedestal in bedroom
* Refinished walls in sections where previous owner painted the walls in a hideous green color.
* Replaced original air conditioner cover

On the things to do list:

* Add ladder to rear cap for easier roof access
* Add 4000 watt Onan LP fueled generator
* Replace RV awning and slide topper material which has reached the end of its service life
* Add 2 inch receiver to rear of trailer for detachable cargo platform
* Reattach aluminum siding on sides of trailer where the staples have corroded away, replacing dented and damaged siding as necessary
* Replace interior lighting with new LED fixtures
* Add outdoor shower
* Caulk all exterior seams
* Wire trailer brakes to "star" configuration
* Add backup lights to trailer
* Replace all outside marker lights with LED fixtures
* Add exterior speakers for radio
* Add wiring for amateur radio rig

Richard and Laura Ray
Amateur Radio W4RLR
"The Green Goblin" 2008 F-250 Lariat CC SB, 6.4 liter automatic, 4x4"Love Shack" 1995 Jayco Eagle 277 RBSS fifth-wheel
rray32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #20

Nice mod's rray... just one question for you...Why would you pay to custom make Jayco logos? IF Jayco wants me to advertise for them they had better replace my worn out logos for FREE... otherwise I will have my graphic artist design my very own logos...
IF I can ever figure out how to post photos on here I will add some of the mods I did to my TT.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote