Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2017, 05:40 AM   #1

Other additions or mods I did to my new 23RB

I'm going to attach some pictures of other mods or additions I did to my 23RB. Some were done for added convenience. Others were done to help fix a flaw, as I saw it.

The 1st pic is the large rear storage on my 23RB. The black tank vents and the black tank flush water line are exposed to being hit by anything that's stored in the rear.

The 2nd pic shows the guard I added to shield those pipes from the things I store in the rear storage area. All of my leveling blocks and ramps are there, and the open space is where my tub that holds all my dump station items goes.

The 3rd pic shows the shower curtain rods I added in place of the one supplied by Jayco. I wanted to hand a different shower curtain, but the show curtain "rod" provided by Jayco wouldn't allow my new curtain to be used. Subsequent to this picture, we put in a plain curtain to keep water in, and the colored one hangs from the 2nd bar for decoration.

The 4th pic is of the remote control holder I added so they would be convenient when sitting on the sofa. When in travel mode the remotes are put in a drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0259.jpg   IMG_0260.jpg   IMG_0304.jpg   IMG_0285.jpg  

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #2

Nice mods

-2004 Nissan Titan w/Equal-i-zer hitch
-2014 Jayco White Hawk 24 RBS
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #3

Almost a year later, but just came across your posts. How did you attach the shower curtain rod? I would love to change the shower curtain out.

Square Dance Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #4

I removed the old curtain rod. I probably could have put the new double rod one in roughly the same place, but I moved the location of the new curtain rod several inches further out. You just have to make sure there is a stud behind where the curtain rod is going to be attached.

It's a little easier to find more studs in the Jay Flight lines since they are all "stick and tin" construction.

I went to a double rod so I could hang the shower curtain on the inside rod, and still have an outside rod to hang my damp towel on. Of course, I never have any thing hanging on the curtain rod when we're moving.

The curtain itself is very light. A big reason I had for changing the curtain rod was to put up a different one than supplied by Jayco. The shower curtain I hung needed a different kind of hanger. And the double rod comes in handy.

The first picture is the old shower curtain rod. The second picture is the new shower curtain double rod. I bought it on line from Lowes, and picked it up at the local store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Dance Camper View Post
Almost a year later, but just came across your posts. How did you attach the shower curtain rod? I would love to change the shower curtain out.
Attached Thumbnails
0707171202b.jpg   0712171505.jpg  

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #5

Where did you purchase the remote holder? I would love to have a designated spot for ours.
MissLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #6

I really like the idea of the remotes holder!
Farmall is offline   Reply With Quote