I installed the remotes.
Used in the install were a Leviton dual gang surface mount box (1.89" depth), Amazon Link
, for the Tristar remote and a Leviton single gang surface mount box (1.89" depth), Amazon Link
, with a matching Leviton blank cover, Amanzon Link
, for the inverter remote.
The Tristar remote is made to be fitted in a dual gang box. YMMV with an inverter remote. I used my Dremel to cut a recess hole on the blank cover for the inverter remote for a flush fit on the cover plate.
I took this approach to avoid cutting unseemly holes in the wall. Instead, I cut 1" holes with a hole saw, which were then fitted with a grommet. In this way, if the trailer is sold or traded without the remotes, etc., a cover can be neatly fitted in the grommet.
Tip: when looking inside the refrigerator access, the first 2 x 2 on the left wall is roughly in line with the bottom of the window behind the couch, which is about a foot below the thermostat on a 2013 model. This means having to be mindful of the 2 x 2 above when drilling any holes. When drilling a hole below the thermostat, be mindful of the thermostat wires and drill with a soft touch to just break through. I missed my wires by less than a quarter of an inch.
I used two inch spacing to provide a two inch gap between the thermostat and the gang boxes.
Otherwise, I am waiting on a few more bits for the the combiner box and warmer weather to get closer to completion.