Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #1

Please help me find a part number that Jayco wasn't able to

Hello all,
We have an X23B and in our bathroom we have only the mirror on the wall. We'd like to change that out for a medicine cabinet like we've seen in other models. We went to a dealer to ask and were told to email Jayco for a part number which we did. Jayco responded that the medicine cabinet wasn't an option for that model and year (thanks, I already knew that...) but suggested that if I could find a medicine cabinet with the same finish in a different model they could then find the part number for me using that models vin number. So that's where I need help; does anyone here have a truffle interior and a medicine cabinet? If so, can I have the last 8 digits of your vin number?

The interior color I'm looking for is in the picture below. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2022 33RBTS
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #2

I don't but you could probably just stop at a dealer that has one and get the VIN #.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by micron View Post
I don't but you could probably just stop at a dealer that has one and get the VIN #.
This is what we did for our WH 20MRB that had a small medicine cabinet and SWMBO wanted a larger one. We looked at every unit on the dealer's lot including fifth wheels and finally found one and had the dealer order it.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #4

This is exactly what I would like to do on a soon to be 264bhw. I'll be following...
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:17 PM   #5

My dealer is having their post-RV show open house this weekend so I'll probably drive up there this weekend and check it out. I'll check out every unit I can but I'm worried I won't find anything. Still hoping someone here can help me out. I guess I can search the jayco website and see what other models have that same interior color to at least narrow it down.

2022 33RBTS
Old 03-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #6

I bump my head on the medicine cabinet about 80% when I brush my teeth. With the medicine cabinet protruding from the wall and the bathroom sink being so small I frequently when I bend down to spit toothpaste I hit my head. For the very limited storage the medicine cabinet provides I would be happy to not have one.

Before you spend any money, go to a dealer lots and pretend to brush your teeth and see if you will have the same problem.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #7

Why not just buy a cabinet from a home improvement store?? There's no doubt in my mind you could find something equal if not better. I just redone my powder room and found a nice one...wood trim.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Why not just buy a cabinet from a home improvement store?? There's no doubt in my mind you could find something equal if not better. I just redone my powder room and found a nice one...wood trim.
That's actually my plan b. I could probably even take the existing mirror off and use it as the door on the medicine cabinet. I just wanted to see if I could find the actual part first especially since the dealer I talked to showed me some prices on other medicine cabinets and they were surprisingly inexpensive.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #9

Any luck? I just came across this in Lowes. http://m.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selectio...abinet/3397158
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocarp View Post
Any luck?
We've made progress. I should have just waited before posting this thread since when we went to our dealer we noticed that all of the 2016 hybrids have a medicine cabinet. The wood color is close enough for us and the size/style is to our liking as well. We grabbed a VIN off one of their units and asked for a price on the cabinet including installation. I'm still waiting to hear back, although they did call me to say they were working on it. I'll update the thread with any info I get.

2022 33RBTS