Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #1

Queen underbed lifts - which ones?

We have a 267BHSW and it doesn't have the bed lifts. We are planning on adding a board to close off the access to the front storage and provide extra support for the bed. We'd also like to add the hydraulic lifts to make it easier to access the underbid storage area. I've seen posts where others have done this but have not been successful in finding them now. Anyone make this mod? What lifts did you use? How did you support them so they don't just come ripping out of the side wood?
Old 06-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #2

We have the Jayflight 212 QBW, which also did not have the lifts. I wrote to Jayco and they told me the Jaylight's that come with lifts use two Suspa 100 LB gas springs. Here is what I bought:

Amazon.com: Suspa C16-08054 C1608054 20" Gas Prop, Quantity (2), Force is 100 Lbs Per Prop and Force Per Set is 200 Lbs, Camper Rear Window, Tonneau Cover Lift Supports, Window Lift Support, Struts: Automotive

also need the brackets:

http://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-BR...ilpage_o03_s00

I didn't add any additional structure for support. The way I installed them was to prop the bed up to what looked like the right opening height. I then connected one gas spring to bed frame using a still shot I took from a youtube video as a reference. Then, without compressing the gas spring, I connected the other end to the bed. I then did the same procedure on the other side. I had worried about the stroke of the spring not being long enough when the bed was down, but it worked out perfect. I think the picture as a reference helped.

Take a look 14 minutes into this video as a reference:

Note that the rods of the gas springs should be installed pointing down, for proper lubrication.