Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #1

Question Removing slide carpet ... Painting floors...

Has anyone had experience removing or know of pictures showing a slide with carpet removed?

Our carpet is in very bad shape. We already pulled the main carpet and tile flooring. I'd like to paint the floors. And I REALLY want to pull out the slide carpet.

Anyone have tips or experience pulling the slide carpet? Other than the black strip... Is there a reason why we need carpet on the slide? Love to see photos of other redesigns where-in alternative flooring choices have been utilized in a jayco trailer.

Tks,
Zerna
zernalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
Site Team

I have seen Pergo type flooring in the main part but never on the slides. I guess it could be done but some type area rug would need to cover the sliding part.
Maybe someone has done it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #3

While doing a restore on my 5th wheel I just took all the trim off plus the safety trim on my slide to have it go out as far as it would. Turns out it stops about 4 or 5 inches outside the trailer. That is were the carpet stops that goes under the slide out. From what I have seen there is no reason for carpet other than there are rollers under the slide closer to the outside wall & the way the carpet is done on mine it is folded under itself & stapled it. I guess that gives the slide something to ride on at the inside front of the slide. I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow & post it. Explaining it doesn't really make sense when I read it back.
b1mmuo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #4

You can see one of the rollers the slide out rolls on. The other is a side view at the floor level . From what I can see there would be no reason not to put carpet back down on the slide out.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150324_150033.jpg   IMG_20150324_145718.jpg   IMG_20150324_145657.jpg   IMG_20150324_150047.jpg  
b1mmuo27 is offline   Reply With Quote