Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #1

Satellite Cable

Just finished running my satellite cable fom the utility side of the trailer to the cabinet over the dinette. Jayco did not make that easy.

I picked up an outlet from the dealer that's the same as the cable jack, white plastic with a rubber cover. I mounted it on the same side, close to the rear storage door, and at the same level as the other jack. Then I ran it through that compartment using cable clamps to hold it out of sight, down and under the frame along the BW tank and up through the floor and up the wall between the shower and the dinette. Drilled a hole put in a cable outlet plate from HD in the same area with the batwing antenna amplifier. Whole job took about an hour and a half and that gives me a dedicated satellite feed without having to rearrange cable connections at the amplifier. I heated the external jack wih a heat gun just enough to soften the plastic flange so when I pushed it into the hole, the jack conformed to the contour of the aluminum siding. Done.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #2

Sounds like a really professional looking job. Got pics?
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote