Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
I like it. Maybe it could be upgraded with a microprocessor and a thermocouple. When it senses hot water, the microprocessor changes the valve state. Looks like a fun project to play with.

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Jay Flight 26BH
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:49 AM   #12
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
I like it. Maybe it could be upgraded with a microprocessor and a thermocouple. When it senses hot water, the microprocessor changes the valve state. Looks like a fun project to play with.
Has already been produced: Watts 500800 Hot Water Recirculating System with Built-In Timer - Sump Pumps - Amazon.com

Mike Laupp

'13 Jayco Premier 351RLTS

'11 F250 CC FX4 6.7L TD SRW
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:16 AM   #13
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
I put one of those in my daughter's house and it works very well. Only problem, 110-volt pump may not work too well in RV environment when boondocking. Now if they had a 12-volt pump rated for hot water service.......
Rob Ross
Akron, OH
2014 Seneca 37TS
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:50 AM   #14
Site Team
When we installed the Tankless wh in our home , this is what we added to prevent wasting running water to get hot water to the taps.

Chilipepper Water Heater Pump and Hot Water On Demand System Pump For Faster Hot Water!

Maybe it could be adapted to a mh, just another idea.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #15
Did not water recirculation a few years ago with timer and flow/ temperature switch. The timer has a bunch of operating modes that should work. Here is a link but if it doesn't work just search for my posts. The parts and wiring details are there

RobertCowdery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #16
I probably would not recommend using the water recirculation idea in a TT as it only has a 5 or 10 gal hot water heater, and unlike the 50+ hot water heater at home the heater would constantly be starting up to re-heat the water and the pump will eat away at your remaining battery Ah.

So here are my 2 designs:
... THE MANUAL WAY is to drill a hole in the top of the sink's counter top, insert a nice FANCY tube (Keep DW happy) that is sticking up... take the kitchen faucet hose, hold it over the decorative tube, turn on the hot water.. the water goes into the tube that has a hose under the sink that drains into the fresh water tank... water is ready to be used again... (use the heat sensors in the finger tips to notify the brain when the heated water has reached the faucet.) GUARANTEED TO WORK

Parts list:
- (1) 3' length of clear 3/4" hose
- (1) Fancy piece of pipe (for above sink)
- (1) 3/4" Tee fitting (splice water input hose (from outside filler) insert Tee and connect hose to fancy piece of pipe on top of the sink

the FUN way.. a few more $$$$, some additional time, parts, debugging, testing, head scratching and then something to brag about

Here is the initial schematic to accomplish the same thing as the MANUAL version... Take a look at it... have you been able to figure out how it works?
I will post the instructions once you scratched your head a few times.

PARTS (not all parts (2 electric valves (1) NO and (1) NC) or which thermostat to use in the final selection of parts)
Attached Thumbnails
ELECTRONICS - 12VDC Hot Water Bypass Circuit.png   ELECTRONICS - 12VDC Thermostat Relay.jpg   ELECTRONICS - 12VDC Thermostat Relay-3.jpg   ELECTRONICS - 12VDC Water Flow Switch.jpg  
2013 Jayco Eagle 284BHS
250Watt Grape Solar Panel, MorningStar MPPT 60 Charge Controller
1500 Watt Ramsond PSI, 2 Trojan T145 Batteries (260Ah)
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #17
UPDATE: We just came back from a week-long trip to Colorado (Country Jam) where we were dry camping from Wednesday - Monday in a hay-field with thousands of other RV's. We got to see really how the Hot Water situation is a better experience with the Girard demand water heater.

We found that if the Girard is allowed to actually heat up and run for 30 seconds before you start to shower.. it does a good job for a hot shower. Stacy and I both took our Military style showers after running hot water thru the lines back to the fresh tank and then starting our shower. Hot water was there right away and it did not cycle hot/cold like it did before. We would feel an occasional warm moment vs Hot when turning the water back on / off, but it was not like before when it was Cold/Hot.

We are now going to keep the Girard water heater...
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #18
Looks really interesting but I can't quite figure out the flow. Part of the problem is I don't know how the system was from the factory. It would be great to have a stage by stage description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy Ray - Atlanta
Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote