Originally Posted by RVhiker
I have admired your slide out pantry solution for some time, and am going to use our winter down time to install such a system on my fiver. I've got some questions if you can stand them:
1) It looks like the sides of the slide outs are made of 1/4" plywood, and that the bottoms are made of 3/4" plywood?
2) Are the sides attached with screws and glue to the bottoms?
3) It looks like the sides are about 1 1/2" high (on the inside of the slide outs). Is this correct, and are you pleased with this height, or should the sides be lower or higher?
4) I think I see fasteners of some sort at the upper corners of the sides of the slide outs. Is there some sort of angle bracket there?
5) Are there any changes to your design that you would suggest?
1. No plywood on the sides, it is 3/8 in hardwood strips.
2. The bottoms are shelf material from the hardware store. Hard white finish that is easy to clean.
3. The height is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.
4. The corners have brass corner brackets and brass screws.
Be sure and get the heavy duty slide brackets. Canned goods are heavy.