Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #1

Stock Speakers.. no good. . .

So after 3 different head units went to crap in my Alante, the JBL CP100 to be exact, they installed a really nice Pioneer head unit. I love it, sounds awesome. . . . A little too awesome. The stock speakers 6.5" in this rig are atrocious. The front ones are farting out on the bottom end, and I've got the eq basically flat.

What are you audiophile types putting in your Motorhomes to upgrade this system?
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #2

What speakers do you have? Anyway, one thing to do is to see if the speakers have enough room around them for the speaker cone to move properly. There may be too much insulation packed around the speaker. Pull one out and check.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #3

Polk Audio makes some shallow mountable speakers that are a major improvement.

Here's an old thread..
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...kers-8092.html

I'm adding a Sub to mine. The factory head end on ours is decent, it has an unused sub woofer control line coming out the back. We aren't going for volume, just quality. Sub will be self powered so I don't have to worry about destroying my battery when we boondock (will just turn it off). I have an Alpine 12 inch sub, boxed, with an MTX amp on the side I was considering installing in the camper as it's just collecting dust in my basement.

I have to be careful that I don't turn into 'that guy' when camping though so it's probably not going in. I think the Polk Audio's are a good upgrade.

Here's a more recent thread, those Polk Audio's may be discontinued by now, but there are other options.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...ade-42468.html

Best thing you can do is just pull one of them and take it into best buy, or at least have something to measure your replacements against.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote