Table Bracket Screws Pulled Out Repair
I didn't search to see if a similar repair as mine has been posted already. Sorry for any duplication.
When we purchased our 23b the table legs were broken. The bracket screws had pulled out of the chip board. I used a small scrap piece of aluminum sheet (maybe 20 gauge) to glue and screw onto the table. I just used Goop glue. It was originally marketed for shoe repair. I find it handy for many repairs. I then fastened the bracket screws into the metal plate. Using the plate allows the bracket to be positioned as original.
The aluminum was easy to work with, but not everyone hoards metal so a 4" electrical box cover would be a commercially available option. Any flat metal will work.
After I repaired the table I found that the collapsible leg brace was not correctly positioned at the factory. (Yes, the broken bracket repair was exactly positioned as originally installed.) Because it was incorrectly positioned during assembly it prevented the legs from collapsing flat against the table top for storage. I suspect that situation contributed to the bracket screw failure because it levered/stressed the bracket if the leg assembly was pushed flat in storage. The opposite side leg was properly positioned and collapsed flat. I removed the brace bracket and re-drilled for proper position. All seems fine now.
I have also used aluminum flashing as a repair plate where thickness is more critical for parts alignment. The flashing is very light in gauge so the strength of the repair is a bit less. The flashing can be doubled for more strength if it still fits. That said, the strength of a screw in the chip board ain't that great to begin with.
As an aside, all the table bracket screws had multiple shim washers. The screws were too long. I suppose that it could be argued that the multiple washers offer some cushion, but I think that is a stetch. My guess is that they just ordered the incorrect screw length and used washers to shim them out. Not that it really matters.
Between the plastic wheelwell being incorrectly installed and this table bracket being incorrectly put together I'm beginning to think I got a trailer that was assembled on a Friday.
Some pics are attached. vic