Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2016, 10:09 AM   #11
Site Team
Me and my wife took a bareboat cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas along with 5 other couples from our church long ago.

The women used all the fresh water the first few days washing their hair and showering. When we got to Bimini, we had to buy water at $3 bucks a gallon just to drink and take salt water showers the rest of the trip.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
We recently camped near a motor home that had an on-demand water heater and it sounded like a jet taking off every time it came on and they were 3 campsites away! VERY loud and annoying. I can't imagine how loud it was at their site and it was mounted on the door side so if you sat outside under the awning you would have to hear it if someone was using hot water.

Fingerlakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #13
Trauma aquago

I would suggest you look at the Truma AquaGo hybrid tankless system
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:06 PM   #14
If you are only going to stay at sites with full hookups a tankless water heater would be ok. I have one in my house, and it took us about a week to get use to it. Every time you turn off the water the boiler shuts down, every time you open the hot water valve, it takes a moment before the burner to kick in as the burner needs to be purged before ignition. So if you take a Navy shower, the burner will kick in and out constantly. You will absolutely hate going from hot to cold and have limited temperature control during a Navy shower.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:24 AM   #15
The Girards have done a lot to damage the reputation of tankless water heaters because of their primitive design, even in the third generation attempt to correct their problems. Sadly, RV manufacturer's insist on installing them because they are too cheap to install better quality (and more expensive) tankless water heaters.

The Trumas show a lot of promise. The PrecisionTemp RV 500 and its successor, the RV 550, has a good reputation. Atwood attempted to design a series of tankless water heaters with PrecisionTemp but I haven't heard much about them and that hasn't been good.

Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote