Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #21

Not doubting the video, but I wonder why the camera angle changed. My favorite part is when he runs the stop sign pulling onto the street.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCoveDave View Post
"Dammit Jim! I'm just a simple country 'shock scientist'!

This is now my favourite thread. As the lady says in the video - if your still unsure - I am a bit. But wavering to the shock side.
Like the lady says in the video, if things in your trailer are being tossed around or your Casita is tossing your Tow Vehicle around, then try adding their shock absorbers.

So IMO, if you have one of those conditions, it's worth a try. If you don't, it's unlikely it would hurt a thing to add them.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #23

I'm interested enough to start pricing the variations.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1115 View Post
My thoughts are, the TT's were designed by engineers to work with the suspension systems that they were delivered with. Now, knowing how engineer think does not involve common sense, if I were to travel with my TT long distances over questionable roads, I would most likely install shocks to dampen the bounce. But, right now, we are just weekend warriors and don't travel that far with our trailer, so the factory suspension works just fine for us.
Designed by engineers, cost cut by using cheapest possible materials, build by lowest bidders, sold by salesmen to highest bidders.
SOMBATFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:25 PM   #25

I'm getting shock for my TT

I just got into TT and just ordered shock kits from etrailer. The question to ask yourself if why does my TV have shock absorbers? My answer is to make the ride more comfortable. I don't ride in my TT as it travel down the highway but my television, microwave, refrigerator, plumbing and wires do and I don't want them to get jiggle around.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #26

As a former shock factory rep I will tell you that there is only one job for a shock absorber and that is the keep the tire on the road. They do this by taking the energy from the springs ( tires are springs in another form) and damping it into the atmosphere in the form of heat.They don't lift anything. The axle manufacturers will typically tell you that they are not needed because the axles have torsion ride. My experience has been that a shock kit can help on some trailers. But not all.
Sorry if I added to the confusion.
FashaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #27

Last trip I cracked 2 leafs on a spring. I am changing all 4 now from 6 leaf to 8 leaf 4K springs as well as upgrading to a shock kit. I figured that since I am taking it all apart anyhow and it's only another $240.00 bucks to add it, so I am. The Wet bolt and shackle upgrade were already done day 1, so this should complete my undercarriage MOD's.

Lippert is the kit I went with as the frame mounts bolt on vs the weld on or inner mount systems. The specs call for 2.5" min clearance between tire and I-frame. I have 3.5 so hopefully it works out.

E-trailer has it on sale through today with free shipping. 3" tube kit link below. There are other sizes available. 1 kit per axle.

https://www.etrailer.com/comparison....5&pc2=LC281281

Once I get the whole job done I will post some pics of the entire process. I expect to gain 1-2" of lift over all from the new springs. This is good for me due to my current setup being about 1" nose high with the newer generation trucks beds being higher. My tailgate gets too close to my underside when on an offset roadway or entrance. This should fix it all.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:58 AM   #28

I believe my frame has the top shock brackets from the factory. This thread has me thinking.....

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #29

I am about to mount the shock on my right side. Left side went on without any problem just took longer. Any way I am afraid that I might drill into water tank on right side so does anybody have pictures of underbelly without the cover? How far away is water tanks from Ibeam on right side?
mod: Dimming awning
Dimming Floor light
Shocks
Custom bike/kayak rack
Old 05-09-2017, 12:19 AM   #30

I did the lippert shock upgrade right after i bought the trailer. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion its probably worth it. Compared to without it I did notice a difference towing the first time. While i was under there i also did the equalizers. I don't have any bucking and it rides smooth, so smooth i forget its back there. I would recommend doing the upgrade. Worth it IMO.

2016 Cayenne S towing 2017 24RBS

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
tigger1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #31

Just got finished putting the Joy rider shocks on my 5th wheel.
[IMG][/IMG]
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #32

I was coming home from a weekend trip and was amazed at the number of campers of all sizes and shapes on the freeway. I took notice of a guy with a 1/2 ton PU towing a pop up camper and the little thing was hop, hop, hopping along at 65 mph and couldn't help but think of what was happening to the springs, frame, contents, etc. during hours of high speed bouncing. Does anyone know if they make a shock absorber kit for pop ups? I'm taking a trip from Michigan to Utah, AZ and NM this fall - probably 4-5K mikes and would consider installing them. Your opinions?
Boze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boze View Post
I was coming home from a weekend trip and was amazed at the number of campers of all sizes and shapes on the freeway. I took notice of a guy with a 1/2 ton PU towing a pop up camper and the little thing was hop, hop, hopping along at 65 mph and couldn't help but think of what was happening to the springs, frame, contents, etc. during hours of high speed bouncing. Does anyone know if they make a shock absorber kit for pop ups? I'm taking a trip from Michigan to Utah, AZ and NM this fall - probably 4-5K mikes and would consider installing them. Your opinions?
This might be a better option for your type unit.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Sus...iABEgJsC_D_BwE

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote