Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #1

White Hawk 2015 dsrl Mods & Upgrades

We purchased our camper last month. Our first camping trip out is this weekend - and I am so excited. (not new to RV's). My husband made some upgrades for the camper that I could not live with out and thought I would share.

1. New bronze rubbed faucet, towel rings, and 4-Bar hook for bathroom.

2. Oxygenics Shower Head.

3. Knife holder for inside the under sink cabinet. We had these on all our RV and it is one of my favorite gadgets. I was so disappointed when I thought I could not use it because the door would not shut. My husband made it work by cutting a notch out of the shelf. He still needs to finish off the shelf edge.

4. Added spring loaded supports to the cabinet lift doors. (these were easy to install regardless of what the reviews say).

5. Added another set of 4 hooks to the inside of the sliding bedroom door.

6. Added a non-slip burner cover that matched the cabinets for more counter space. It came with a silicon cutting mat so it can be used as a cutting board.

7. Repurposed the MCD Shades solar windshield shade from our old motorhome. This attaches with suction cups. It really cuts down on the heat and is a day shade when the pleated blinds are up. I may buy some more of this material and make it for other windows.

Coming from a motorhome I still have a list of upgrades I would like to make.
Attached Thumbnails
2016-09-21 17.36.20.jpg   2016-09-21 17.41.46.jpg   2016-09-21 17.41.58.jpg   2016-09-21 17.38.03.jpg   2016-09-21 17.38.12.jpg  

2016-09-21 17.37.17.jpg   2016-09-21 17.37.26.jpg   2016-09-21 17.36.36.jpg   2016-09-21 17.35.08.jpg   2016-09-21 17.38.58.jpg  

ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing your White Hawk mods. We love our White Hawk.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #3

when we bought the whitehawk (2 yrs ago) told the dealer to put on spring loaded supports to the cabinet lift doors or no sale they did, should be standard anyway
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #4

I am happy to report after a shakedown trip to the beach last weekend, we really are happy with our purchase and everything went well. I made a list of "Honey Please Do" with a few more updates that I want. My husband also has his. We also completed a few over the weekend.

1. Battery disconnect switch.
2. Switch to turn off outdoor refrigerator when not in use. (We had a condensation/humidity issue in the front bay as we leave our unit plugged in at home).
3. Ordered MCD Day/Night Shades for the bedroom windows and door. The pleated shades allow too much light early in the morning.
4. Installed a toilet paper holder to match the faucet and towel rings. We moved it to the opposite wall as I do not like looking at it from the bedroom - little OCD.

Future projects:

1. Replace screens with solar screen.
2. Make a cover for the shower skylight.
3. Screen door guards for the lower doors.
4. We would like to install awnings over the roadside windows - but not sure if this is doable. We leave our RV at the beach all summer so this is a necessity in the Florida heat.

StormPod - I looked at your list of mods. I shared it with my husband. I am sure some of these will be in the future. He really appreciated your list identifying the electrical panel.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:53 PM   #5

ReelCool:
Thanks for posting your mods. I'm going to copy some of them. Where did you get the stove top cover? Would love to do the same to ours.
One modification we did and like was to add a paper towel rack under the cabinet where the controls box is.
Also plan to mount a spice rack where your knife holder is.
Very happy with the 27DSRL. Only persistent problem has been water leaking under the shower glass panel by the BR.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #6

The cover was ordered from Amazon Prime. Camco
43526 Universal Silent Top Stovetop Cover (Bordeaux Finish)
Camping World also sells them.
Our shower door leaks but haven't addressed it yet. . But if it is the side glass panel, have you sealed with clear silicon where the glass joins the shower down the sides and bottom?
A spice rank will be a nice addition. I use a paper towel stand only because I take it outside we we are cooking. But that is a great location to attach one.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
Old 11-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #7

Some great mods and photos, thanks. Of course DW just added some of these to the "Todo" list.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote