Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #1

1st time out !!

Pics from the long weekend !

Loved my first time out with the 184bh. Excellent weather, couldn't ask any better.

Went camping about 1.5 hours away from our home in St-andre Avelin, Quebec.

We went camping with the strict minimum of weight possible.. ajusted my torsion bars, installed my sway bar and away I went. Was very happy with the way it pulled.. for sure having a little more power in the hills would be good but averaged 90-100km/hrs (60 mph) on the way and would drop to approx 80kms on the hills. Had a couple tractor trailers pass me and got ready for my 1st experience a sway and nothing at all happend. Hardly feel it with the size of it.

One thing is when we took off ... alot of creaking noise from the hitch/torsions bars and had me wondering if everything was fine... even stoped and called my dealer wich they said was normal and to continue driving.

Im extremely satisfied with this unit... has everything we need. Storage was fine with two kids (3 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy) and my wife and I.
One thing I loved about the weekend is my kids slept longer then they usually do back home !! Woke up on average at 8am instead of 7am !! mommy and daddy slept well also !

Eveything was well arranged and don't miss tent camping at all !
Heres some pics at the campsite and when I picked her up at the dealer
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Perfect unit !! Size and weight.
iLLBRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #2

Water park and park right accross the road !

[/IMG]
Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #3

Nice setup. I wished jayco had the swift lineup 5 years ago when we bought our hybrid, we would probably still be using it. I really like that swift line. Probably some beautiful campsites in your area. I was in Quebec city twice for work and drove out to our suppliers plants (Rousseau Metal in St-Jean-Port-Joli), beautiful country.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the great pics and write up-- we pick up our 184bh June 2nd--- now you've really got me excited!!
PugMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #5

Isn't it great!!!!

Thanks for the pics and enjoy coming out of the tent era, which we really enjoyed and will always cherish those memories.

You are in the progression times;

Tent, small TT, bigger TT, 5ver and then even bigger...as the kids go on their own.

Been there....did that.

We do miss the kids but a good thing is that they still camp...in the tent stage now.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #6

Nice! Enjoy!

2011 Ford F150 S/Crew Ecoboost HD
2012 Jayco 33RLDS
2013 Four winns h180 ss
RaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #7

Nice looking, nice and lightweight to tow behind the Nox , decided to go a bit bigger, since my kids are older and I wanted my own bed, not to take dining area down every night. So we went with a 228 , my Vue could have towed the smaller one, but my Outlook will tow the 228 without much issue, I hope. Now I have the room I want and no worries as the kids get bigger for more space. Good luck with it and enjoy.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsuduke View Post
Nice looking, nice and lightweight to tow behind the Nox , decided to go a bit bigger, since my kids are older and I wanted my own bed, not to take dining area down every night. So we went with a 228 , my Vue could have towed the smaller one, but my Outlook will tow the 228 without much issue, I hope. Now I have the room I want and no worries as the kids get bigger for more space. Good luck with it and enjoy.

Yup love the unit and anxious to get back out ! We always left the bed made up front ... but we were pretty limited to our options and so on. Most units either had a fulltime bed but no bunks .. or the tables that converts to a bed with a wet bath. My kids are still young, 2 and 3yrs old.

Unless we get a big storm or end of season camping weather (cold) we will set the table up.

I used to work at Saturn for 10yrs (gm now) and I agree the outlook is a good tow vehicle when you have the Factory Tow Package. You'll enjoy it for sure.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #9

We bring ours home tomorrow, can't wait to get out with it, looks like it will be a few weeks. But I'll post pics here when we go.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote