Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Delamination & dry rot - older 1998 Jayco Eagle 323 RKS

Follow up to the pictures & repairs I did last summer I have built the front & rear frame walls to replace the existing rotting walls. My hang up is purchasing 40 feet of fibreglass. Here is a picture of the inside corner just behind the kitchen sink. The wall there was so soft I pulled it out & what you see as a brownish background is actually the inside of the exterior fibreglass. The stud was so soft a could twist it off.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_00000096.jpg   IMG_00000101.jpg  
b1mmuo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #2

Wow, looks like you have quite a project on your hands. I can't wait to see finished pictures as I have the same year Eagle! Mine has spent its entire life indoors though so it is barely exposed to the elements. Please keep us updated with pics!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #3

Before I purchased it last year it had sat in a park with the slide out for the past 13 years. No maintenance to the roof what so ever. They had no glue how to look after it. Both front & back wall need to be replaced. Six feet from the front on the curb side I replaced last year. The same spot on the road side needs replacing. Both sides from the back foreward 3 feet need to be replaced. The back wall for sure studs & all need to come out. The other repairs my only be delamination with the studding still solid. Peeling the fibreglass will determine that.
b1mmuo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #4

Water leaks and its damage are all too common. I hope you will continue to keep us posted on your repairs, with lots of pictures. I guarantee you that your posts will interest very many trailer owners.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote