Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #21

Has anyone stayed at the New Hampshire jelly stone, can any one recommend a nice one in the North East region. Thank you

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
I stayed at the Mountain Vista CG in PA and I thought it was fantastic. It's in the Poconos and it's close to a lot of attractions. Two thumbs up.
If you liked Mountain Vista you will enjoy Otter Lake in PA. Not to far from Mtn. Vista CG.

DW,DS,DD and Riley (Goldendoodle)
dan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
Wow not sure what to do about Jelly stone. We generally stay around the campground. We did have a bad experience down in Urban a Virginia. Bethpage camp resort. They have a small water park and it was closed when we went. Then it rained the whole week. There was not even a bowling ally near by. We rented a golf cart and drove it in the rain all week,then left a day early. I don't know what to do. It is paid for, but I hate allot of dust and and tight sites. The red carpet site was that tight that is the site we have.
The red carpet site was average wide and treed on both sides. The concrete pad was long and level with a built in charcoal BBQ. From 1 and up they graduate on a hill and you have space and trees between you. Ashborers killed alot of the trees there unfourtunately, so the canopy is weak.

My main complaints were. Noise, Golf Carts whizzing by with 5 kids on them all hours of the night, pool only connected to the water park, roads in and out. The dust is part of camping, just would be less if the golf carts were not so frequent.

If I had to do it over again I would stay 2 days just for the kids to get their fix and move out to explore PA from a better location. Check the reviews online too. Some people love it and to each his own.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Wow February camping I'm jealous. What will the temperature be like where you live. Went to the Hudson valley camper and boat show today. It was alright. They have all that space when you first enter. They should fill it up with camping supplies to look at and buy. New products etc.
Hopefully it will be about 50 degrees or so and about 40 at night. The weather can take some some funny swings here yet so it will be a bit of a last minute decision.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan222 View Post
If you liked Mountain Vista you will enjoy Otter Lake in PA. Not to far from Mtn. Vista CG.
Thanks I'll look into it.
Quote:
Has anyone stayed at the New Hampshire jelly stone, can any one recommend a nice one in the North East region. Thank you
I stayed in the Lincoln/Woodstock NH area at the Lost River CG. Not bad, wooded,full hookups,laundry and a store.Close to most attractions. We've stayed there twice.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #26
Site Team

We just had to cancel our reservations for the annual trip to Fl in Feb/March due to having to take care of an ill family member. Sure am missing camping.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #27

Sorry you had to cancel your trip. Hope all works out with you family member. I sure do miss camping

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #28

I know what you mean about the trips being booked, we have a 4th of July local trip and a Sept trip to South Carolina both booked. Buts it only Feb and I don't want to wait that long. Thinking of doing a late April trip to Indiana and camping near the Jayco plant so we can do a factory tour and maybe running over to the RV Hall of Fame.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
thodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodgson View Post
I know what you mean about the trips being booked, we have a 4th of July local trip and a Sept trip to South Carolina both booked. Buts it only Feb and I don't want to wait that long. Thinking of doing a late April trip to Indiana and camping near the Jayco plant so we can do a factory tour and maybe running over to the RV Hall of Fame.
Welcome and BTW... from the RV Hall of Fame web site ...

Overnight Parking at the RV/MH Hall of Fame
There are no water, sewer or electric hook ups available. You may park overnight the night before and the night after visiting the museum; however, there is no security.

They do list nearby campgrounds on their web site
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #30

Hello,
Thanks for the info it's good to know. We were thinking of looking for a campground in the area I'll check out their site. Congrats on your RV order.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
thodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #31

Our first night camping in our new trailer was at the KOA in Middlebury Indiana. Nice place to visit.