Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Marcm157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Newburgh
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Flag etiquette is very important in my opinion. I will not fly the flag at night without lighting and will not fly it in bad weather. I am not a flag etiquette expert but try to abide by the rule as best as I can.

Since the flag is subdued and not the national colors I think the blue line is fine. With that said I wear a subdued flag with blue line on my tac vest carrier.
I had the same concern but after conferring with some "Experts" this was why I was comfortable flying mine. She Flys directly beneath my traditional flag.
__________________

__________________
_______________________________________________
2016 Ford F150 Scab - 3.5 Ecoboost HD Tow - Roadmaster Active Suspension - Equalizer 12K WD Hitch

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 99
Wow 3 pages so quick.

Truth be told as a teenager I didn't feel the same. Of course back then times were different...I'm 42 now. I did not hate cops back then, but they annoyed the crap out of me. I used to drive a low rider with chrome rims and big stereo and I would get pulled over and searched almost every day. It got to the point where I already knew the cops by name. I would even ask..."what do you expect to find that you didn't find the last 5 times you stopped and searched me".

They were clearly board and harassing me. I have never been arrested and aside from a couple speeding tickets and tickets for loud stereo system and dark window tints I have never been in trouble. I haven't even had a ticket in 15 years.

Today times are different. I have cops in my family, 3 of my very close friends are cops and I know another 4-5 cops on top of that. What is going on in this country now is outrageous and we all know where it started.

BTW...here is my actual car that the police loved to stop and search. Not so bad right? I wish I still had it. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
CCI02042016.jpg  
__________________

ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
abarkl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ (2008 Seneca 35GS Diesel)
Posts: 971
Many people are choosing to change their porch lights to blue LEDs to show support.
Perhaps a simpler solution and no modifications needed for Old Glory.
abarkl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #24
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,065
I am more used to the Blue stripe that is so common. I may get one.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Doboy Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southeast
Posts: 109
Cool Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
Wow 3 pages so quick.

Truth be told as a teenager I didn't feel the same. Of course back then times were different...I'm 42 now. I did not hate cops back then, but they annoyed the crap out of me. I used to drive a low rider with chrome rims and big stereo and I would get pulled over and searched almost every day. It got to the point where I already knew the cops by name. I would even ask..."what do you expect to find that you didn't find the last 5 times you stopped and searched me".

They were clearly board and harassing me. I have never been arrested and aside from a couple speeding tickets and tickets for loud stereo system and dark window tints I have never been in trouble. I haven't even had a ticket in 15 years.

Today times are different. I have cops in my family, 3 of my very close friends are cops and I know another 4-5 cops on top of that. What is going on in this country now is outrageous and we all know where it started.

BTW...here is my actual car that the police loved to stop and search. Not so bad right? I wish I still had it. LOL
No problem that car just fits the profile of 90% of the drug dealers I dealt with, so I don't have a clue why you were harassed
Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Detroit
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
Wow 3 pages so quick.

Truth be told as a teenager I didn't feel the same. Of course back then times were different...I'm 42 now. I did not hate cops back then, but they annoyed the crap out of me. I used to drive a low rider with chrome rims and big stereo and I would get pulled over and searched almost every day. It got to the point where I already knew the cops by name. I would even ask..."what do you expect to find that you didn't find the last 5 times you stopped and searched me".

They were clearly board and harassing me. I have never been arrested and aside from a couple speeding tickets and tickets for loud stereo system and dark window tints I have never been in trouble. I haven't even had a ticket in 15 years.

Today times are different. I have cops in my family, 3 of my very close friends are cops and I know another 4-5 cops on top of that. What is going on in this country now is outrageous and we all know where it started.

BTW...here is my actual car that the police loved to stop and search. Not so bad right? I wish I still had it. LOL
Sounds like you and I were in very similar situations. I was a straight A student, played sports, etc., and I was harassed on a very regular basis, I believe because of my car (and tinted windows and stereo system). I'm 42 now, and wish I didn't sell my car. lol Mine is centered, one of the least cool in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Fairmont.jpg  
__________________
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L, 3.73
2016 Eagle 324BHTS, P3, PP 3P

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doboy Dawg View Post
No problem that car just fits the profile of 90% of the drug dealers I dealt with, so I don't have a clue why you were harassed
Not the "drug dealer" car in my town back then. It was just the style in my high school in the late 80's and early 90's. Large older cars lowered, mostly G-body cars like Regals, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Monte Carlo, etc.

The real drug dealers drove newer cars, BMW's and Mercedes and they usually had much more expensive rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Sounds like you and I were in very similar situations. I was a straight A student, played sports, etc., and I was harassed on a very regular basis, I believe because of my car (and tinted windows and stereo system). I'm 42 now, and wish I didn't sell my car. lol Mine is centered, one of the least cool in the pic.
What is that a Ford LTD? One of the guys in my school had the same one. Lowered with rims of course. High school was fun.

Then after high school I moved up to one of these. This isn't my exact car but mine was identical. I traded the tickets for dark tints and loud stereo for speeding tickets and chicks.

1989 Trans Am GTA. Man that was a fun car.
Attached Thumbnails
SlickGTA.jpg  
ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 99
Well I guess I derailed the theme of this thread with cars. Sorry...back to campers and honoring our police officers.
ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:33 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Detroit
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
What is that a Ford LTD? One of the guys in my school had the same one. Lowered with rims of course. High school was fun.

Then after high school I moved up to one of these. This isn't my exact car but mine was identical. I traded the tickets for dark tints and loud stereo for speeding tickets and chicks.

1989 Trans Am GTA. Man that was a fun car.
LOL We are on different sides; you the GM guy and me the Ford. I traded up for a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Special Edition (pic is not mine, but same options).

First car was a different fox body, a Fairmont Futura. The LTD was same chassis, but more boxy.
Attached Thumbnails
Lincoln.jpg  
__________________
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L, 3.73
2016 Eagle 324BHTS, P3, PP 3P

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Detroit
Posts: 270
Sorry, back on topic. I support our police.
__________________

__________________
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L, 3.73
2016 Eagle 324BHTS, P3, PP 3P

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.