Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #1

Talking My new 2010-35RLTS

I don't pick it up until this coming Thursday, but here are a couple of pics. I too have a fireplace.
Ed
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0098.jpg   IMAG0088.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #2

Very nice Unit Ed .... Thanks for the pics !!

Hope you'll be posting more ....
Old 08-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

ED!!!! It's perfect! And with as long as you had to wait! So where is your first trip planned?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #4

That is a good looking rig. I'm not the weight police but I'm curious, is that truck OK with this rig?
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #5

Sounds like a new tow rig in the future. That designer tops them all. Fantastic!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #6

Well I got it to my new home base after spending several hours at the dealer getting the hitch installed, and a complete walk through. The trip to my home base was only 35 miles made up of 15 miles of interstate and the rest two lane. This sucker is extremely easy to tow and and the truck handled it with little effort. It was 92 degrees during the trip and all temps were perfectly normal even for when not towing.
The only down side of the trip was a major thunderstorm when I arrived so the rig is sitting in a relatives yard until tomorrow when I will back it in where it will live for a few weeks. The parking spot is on dirt and I didn't want to risk it until an over night dry out. Also, my shore power won't be installed until tomorrow anyway.
So far everything is excellent and all systems are working normal.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #7

Congratualtions, Ed! I think you have maximized your pleasure by anticipating this Designer for so long. Now comes the fun of experiencing the real thing after having anticipated it for so long. Best Wishes for years of great camping.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #8

Ed congrats! Man you waited a long time. Now it is time for some camping! Great Pics too.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #9

Hi Ed and congratulations to you and the wife. The Designers are top of the line in my opinion. We have the Jayco Eagle with rear living and 3 slides. We love it. Not as fancy as your designer but a great rig. Did you purchase it in the Atlanta area? We live in Florida but bought our rig near Birmingham.

Jim
Priscilla, best friend & navigator.
Hank (5 year old black & tan Dachshund)
Cocoa (3 year old brown & tan dapple Dachshund)
2010 Fleetwood Excursion 30a
Toad is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
(We traded in our F250 and Jayco Eagle)
One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #10

*Clapping hands and doing the happy-dance* Woo Hoo! Finally! How long will it be parked before you actually can hit the road?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #11

I purchased my Designer just south of Birmingham, not the Atlanta area. Since my home base is south of Birmingham, I really wanted a dealer close and they were super and super competitive.
The move from the temporary parking spot to my home base was interesting. I have read many posts from old salts stating they didn't have a 4x4 truck and didn't want one and never had needed one. Well I got that out of my system this morning. I had a slight down hill backing to the spot which is also about six inches off of level. With having to pull up a couple of times to get the low side right, if I hadn't had a 4x4 tow vehicle I would still be digging it out. The Designer was high and dry, but.....Glad I have a 4x4.
The shore power was not installed until 5:00pm so I got to use my generator all day so I know it is working and up the job. I now have everything hooked up except the stinky slinky, but that can wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the install of my DirecTV dish, but right now I'm enjoying a glass of iced tea with my feet up. I'm not moving until bed time.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #12

Also, I'm a single so I'm the only one enjoying the Designer this evening.
My first trip will probably be to Road Atlanta in late September for the Petite LeMans race. My daughter and her family always go in their MH and this will be my first year with the ability to b there with them 24/7. I have twin grand children 2 1/2 years old - a boy and a girl.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #13

Stinky Slinky! LOL I like that. We now have a new name for the "tube"... I asked Don what that was and without a beat he said "the ... tube"!

Give it another season and bet you won't be by yourself... those little grandbabies are gonna have you in their pocket and will be making awesome camp memories with you! Don't forget the camera!

Birmingham... I flew into that airport in the 70's on the way to Ft McClellan for basic training. One weekend, I hung out with friends who lived in Birmingham. Fun times