Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #21

This is the one we purchased from camping world. Fits just fine in the outdoor receptacle.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...or-timer/37704

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #22

Thanks for the link Hondo !!!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #23

We considered the lights, but when we wound up with the flat pitch electric awning, we knew the lights were not going to work. Our awning is extremely wind/breeze sensitive and it must be brought in at a moments notice or anytime we leave for more than a few minutes. Those lights look really nice with your tt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #24

Thanks Healthi !!!

Our awning is a Colorado, and still appears to be in very good condition. I do understand about awning paranoia. Our last TT had a awning system that was a quite difficult to put up (even w/2 people) and very sensitive to any sort of questionable weather. So we never set it up. It's really nice to have one now that I can setup & close by myself, including the new lights.
I never dreamed that the difference between an 18' and a 31' would be so enormous. Whoa !!!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #25

Get'n There .....

Have done a few projects at the camp site: (pics on the way)

1)Pulled out the Jayco and re-leveled (totally successful)
2)Mounted 18.5" LCD in MstBdr
3)A partial rock re-do under TT
4)Replace Flex SewerLine with PVC

We figure by the time we get to the point where we can go there and just relax should be next season. Right ........
Old 08-10-2010, 05:30 AM   #26

I hang my awning lights and keep an eye on the wind situation. My awning has no wind sensors so I can anchor it down if needed with slip knots.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #27

More Pics

TV Mount

Solid support Blocks

Wheel Stops (both sides)

Looking West
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #28

Continued

Looking East

Hard-Line

Where'd this come from?

Home Sweet Home
Old 08-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #29

That's a good looking setup. I'm not familiar with seasonal campgrounds like that. Do you have to pull the trailer out in the winter or does it just stay there year round?
RedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #30

Thanks RWF !!! Appreciate the compliments ....

The new owners (of 3yrs) have allowed the "Seasonal" campers to keep their units parked at their sites. Upon further discussion w/the owners there may be issues with this as soon as winter '11.

Not sure if that would irritate the "Seasonals" that have been parked there for years.
They have a guy that comes by to do any winterizing requests. Talk about your "captive audience" .....

We have already decided that we would have it towed to storage, winterized, and hopefully covered by '11. This winter it will be where it is and winterized.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #31

[QUOTE=ByDesign;4954]

Where'd this come from?

QUOTE]

Not sure if that was Cardinal Wine, but love red wine and would love to do a wine tasting
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #32

Its a Cardinal Bottle Light. Its a red and white glass wine bottle. We use it as a night light. ByDesign bought one for me so now we have two.

There is a store at the park where we park the trailer. Someone makes the lights...all different teams, professional, college...etc. I think they take requests.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #33

We are really enjoying the weekend so far.
Found out my sons school was closing Friday, so I told work "I'm outta here" on Thursday. Cindy worked Friday but came down after work.
I guess everyone starts decorating for Halloween early here. They have Trick or Treat every weekend in October. Cindy got into it, pics to follow.
We are currently get'n hit pretty hard with thunder storms and rain.
Some severe. But we are safe and dry inside for now. Hail is expected.
I'm currently on my iPhone 3G and doing well, but slow.
Not picture friendly so I'll catch up on posts this coming week.

Ta Ta for now, from the land know as "Piney Town".

Oh, the new contracts came out this weekend. They are changing a section from seasonal to Weekend, and most have been here for years, one couple since '73.
Its really sad, cause most say that instead of moving over to the designated "Seasonal" section (where we are), they are moving out for good. Several are leaving.
We're losing some good people, but the owners (3yrs) must have an agenda.
Also new is they want half the fee due by Oct 15. That caught everyone off guard. Some are retired on fixed income. Before the fee was around 300, but now they are wanting nearly a thousand from some. They re-structured the site fees by location, size, shade, and a few other things. All site prices have gone up by at least a few hundred.
Lots of changes going on but we'll be back next year. After that we're not sure.
They have such a great thing going here, but I believe they are focused on the profit line, but driving out half your seasonals, or $30,000 to $50,000, just don't make sense. It's not like they are full all the time, far from it !

Oh well, Cindy and I have that "Full-Time" fever, and nothing will cure it till we are there !
Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #34

Scary times and mega stress when new owners take over and ya have to wait to find out the results of the take-over. Too bad it's no longer conducive for some of the camp veterans

Nice that your family can still enjoy it for a while longer though!! I know you really like the CG.

I know the full-time fever! We feel it everytime we hit the road for two months. Wish we could take off for a slow 6 months spring to fall, but alas, we still have ties/obligations at home.

Start a new thread with pics of your Jayco decked out for Halloween when you can
Old 09-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #35

cha-cha-cha-cha-changes .....

Thanks healthi !!!

Survived the storms, everything was soaking wet this morning, so we headed back home early. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were Beautiful !!!

Yes, we really like the CG !! We just need to see what results from the moves and departures. We were wanting to move to the site next door, but after watching nuts from trees drop on it all this weekend, we're staying put. The leaves we get are stealth compared to falling nuts and those large green Hedge Apples that are falling too.
So the plan is to come back next year, but do a little shopping around for other RV camps in this area. We've heard of several, but havent seen them. There are still some Seasonal families staying around our site, and they are "great" people! We are looking forward to another year there inspite of the changes.

The other forum I visit I tend to keep all our stuff in one place if I can, so I'm not spewing the whole forum with 'our' pictures and posts. Hope thats "ok" here too.

Aren't these the bees knees ??? Skeleton Flamingoes

Everything packs up nicely in the large storage container on the patio, waiting to be put back on display next visit.
October is looking busy w/Cindy working and the band I'm in starting to book jobs again, but not many. Then Oct 24th the CG closes.
Initial plans are to pull the Jayco out for winterizing, storage, and the CG is going to bring down a dead tree by our site. More on that later.