Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #1

Our 2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

Closing Dec. 30!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Nlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #2

Congrats on new RV and welcome to forum
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #3

Congratulation
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #4

Nice I think your going to like it. We have the same model
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #5

Congrats.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #6

We just took delivery on a 14 27.5 RLTS this morning. Thankfully got it home before the snow started! Was there a unit specific manual for these units other than the generic one that came with it--like where switches are located and what they are for? Can't find anything on how the LED awning lights turn on.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #7

Congratulations on the trailer and getting it home before the snow.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #8

Congratulations! The only manuals I have ever seen are generic and pretty much useless for identifying where anything is located. All of my light switches, slide controls, awning controls and tank level indicators are in the same panel right inside the door. There is no rhyme or reason to the way Jayco set them up though, so until we labeled them it was guesswork about what would happen when we pushed one
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #9

how the LED awning lights turn on.........

I got caught "assuming" again! The awning light switch is right there in the control panel with the rest of them. Since LED's draw so little current, I didn't think that the biggest switch in the box would control them!! Wrong!
I assumed if it were a big switch it would control a heavy load. That's what I get for thinking. They do look really nice though.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:56 AM   #10

Manually operating slide outs??????

As mentioned previously, we just got a 2014 27.5 RLTS. So far, it's only been from the dealer to our driveway. I have read through all the manuals that came with it, and they seem to be pretty generic. What I am wondering about is how you retract the slide outs manually. The manuals mentioned something about a rod sticking out through the frame. So far, I haven't found anything that you can manually retract them with. Hopefully, I'll never need to do it, but I like to know beforehand how it's done just in case.
I did look underneath the frame and it appears to be a removeable panel that there may be something under it. With the entire bottom sealed up, it would almost have to be under there. I haven't taken the panel off yet to check, due to the inclement weather here. Anybody know for sure?
Thanks
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #11

there should be a fairly long rod that looks like a jack handle for a scissors jack with a socket style end on it somewhere probably in a front basement compartment ... there should be a hole somewhere on each slide with a grommet around it about frame level .... you insert the rod to engage the nut and turn it like you would raising a scissors jack or lowering and it will move the slide in or out
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #12

Thanks for the info. I did go out and look and there is no holes or rods sticking out, so I must have the "in frame" type. I did find this video on youtube which may be helpful. I believe now that I may have to remove the panel under the frame to get to the motor.

Also this is the manual for the Lippert slide outs that may be helpful at some point.
http://dutchmen.com/image/data/docum...ice_Manual.pdf

I'm not paranoid, I just like to be prepared just in case. Saw a guy last year who was departing for home and couldn't get the slide out to go in, and didn't know how to manually override it.
Loris, South Carolina.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #13

Well video is sorta like what i said lol
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #14

Well, I've found that there is a lot of good info on the slide outs on youtube. I have surmised that the two main slide outs are Lippert "in frame" types, and the wardrobe slide out in the bedroom is the Lippert Schwintek with the two synchronized motors. Retracting that one is a bit different. I also found that the control box for the Schwintek, which you need to access to manually retract the slide is located behind the left front landng gear jack. I had initially seen the bundle of wires there but didn't notice the controller behind it. (nor did anything in the manuals suggest where it might be). If you are not familiar with the Schwintek, like I wasn't, it might be good to watch the video. Apparently, you are not supposed to stop it part way when either extending or retracting the slide, or it might throw the motors out of sync and the unit will have to be re-synchronized.
Loris, South Carolina.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #15

Congrats! Beautiful unit... Happy and safe travels.

Traveling the US full-time
The Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #16

We just picked up a 2015 32BHDS. I asked the dealer the same question, they informed me that on some of the models with larger slides that there was no manual way to put them in. They also told me that they very rarely have trouble with the slides going in. I am hoping that this is true, I don't like the thought of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with a stuck slide, I figure I carry enough tools that I will deal with it when/if it happens.
Plaid, Mrs. Plaid, Kids Sage & Bear
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #17

I'm going to check under ours tomorrow and see what wrenches/ratchets are required to manually close the slides. They "should" be pretty trouble-free, but just in case I want to be sure I have the stuff to do it with.
Loris, South Carolina.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #18

In the course of snooping around under the unit the other day, I noticed something that was of a bit of concern to me. The switch for the electric rear stabilizer jacks was installed slightly crooked, and I wanted to get it straight. (sorry for being picky, but being an electrician for 40 years, things like that irritate me!!) Anyway, while looking under the skirt, I noticed that a wire had been pinched between the jack assembly and the trailer frame when it was bolted up to it. The wire was the one going from the switch to the jack motor. When they installed the jack assembly, the wire ended up between the two pieces of metal, and was squeezed flat. Don't know how it didn't short out, but it hadn't. I loosened the bolts and removed it and it apprears to be OK. Maybe when it warms up the wire will regain some of it's shape.
I just couldn't figure for the life of me how someone could install that assembly and NOT see the wire was pinched. Guess some of that is to be expected when you're working on quotas. Anyway, anyone with that arrangement may want to check for a pinched wire. It was only a matter of time before something bad happened.
Loris, South Carolina.