Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2016, 04:39 AM   #11
floor on jay feather exp

We have taken much of the floor out of our Jay Feather from the first stud (about 1/3 of the way from the front). When talking to an rv mechanic I was told I will have to get the new floor under the walls of the trailer. Not sure how to do that short of jacking up the walls which seems extreme. When reading about a floor fix on another site, the person used clamps that would attach to the floor and the wall. Not sure what to do but don't want to jack up the walls of the trailer.

clhobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #12
I did have to raise parts of the body to get the floor out.i also removed all the mouldings around the perimeter as they are screwed into the side edges of the floor..and there are screws going up through the bottom into the aluminum tubing that is the bottom of the wallall screws were rusted to being basically just heads you need putty tape scraped off and replaced also.....and the plastic belly covering is stapled and wrapped around the edge of the floor and the staples can be pryed up if the floor is soft enough.the floor in some spots was an inch thick and swollen from the original 5/8. I replaced the floor in pieces so I could handle getting it under the wall.i used 5/8 pts plywood. it took me 7 months part time through the winter, outside , to remove the interior, do all the work, new sub floor and vinyl, and re install the whole interior. I was also able to fix or re route any wires, plumbing, tank location etc. I haven't used it at all since...now it's for sale....haha I layed on my side for so long picking and scraping the floor out, that I screwed up my back...65 year old carpenter, I expect some pain with the project..good luck....I have pics posted somewhere on the forums

rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote