Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #1

1st trip

Picked up my new 2011 Jayco 165 feather sport about a week ago. Took it out locally just to make sure everything was OK. had 2 water leaks grease on the front window valance and the heater would not work. Tried everything but nothing worked. It was 38 degrees at night. Good thing I brought my zero degree sleeping bag. Took it back to the dealer the next day and am waiting for them to call and let me know what happened. I figure I would have some minor problems. I hope that is normal.
stvrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #2

I don't know about others but we have had ours back at the dealer for warranty work twice and they still have not fixed one of the problems that we have had it in for both times so we will be returning again. Just wish the dealer was closer to my house,
2012 f250 diesel

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Site Team

As a suggestion, purchase a small electric heater, preferably, one with a thermostat and fan. When you have shore power, use that instead of the furnace. What I do is set the electric heater to maintain the temperature I want, then set the furnace thermostat several degrees lower. This way, the furnace will come on to provide supplimental heat only when the electric heater is unable maintain the temperature on its own.

I have an old DeLonghi that was bought way back in our pop-up days (at least 20 years ago). I paid about $25.00 for it. It's still a faithful servant to us today.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #4

Congrats on your maiden voyage!

Did you do a walk-through with the dealer before taking possession of the tt? Did the heater work then? That would suck to count on the heater this time of year and it not work! Good thing you brought that bag instead of blankets. As FPM mentioned, a lot of members here say that they use an electric heater also when on shore power.

That grease is just sloppy work from a lazy employee. Your dealer should replace it! Just curious, where were the water leaks? As for warranty issues, those are typical for a new unit. Keep a piece of paper handy and start a list. Hopefully the leaks are minor and you won't experience any really major issues later on. Let us know how it turns out
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvrs1 View Post
Picked up my new 2011 Jayco 165 feather sport about a week ago. Took it out locally just to make sure everything was OK. had 2 water leaks grease on the front window valance and the heater would not work. Tried everything but nothing worked. It was 38 degrees at night. Good thing I brought my zero degree sleeping bag. Took it back to the dealer the next day and am waiting for them to call and let me know what happened. I figure I would have some minor problems. I hope that is normal.
Stvr,

I have a 165 too and have a water leak. Mine is in one of the pipes (hoses) that runs along the floor under the sink.

Is this where your leak is coming from?

I will take my unit back to the dealer next spring. I just hope they don't think it's my fault for not winterizing or something, because it has been like this since I bought it several months ago.
Ray364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray364 View Post
Stvr,

I will take my unit back to the dealer next spring. I just hope they don't think it's my fault for not winterizing or something, because it has been like this since I bought it several months ago.
I worried 'bout that too, so now when Don and I realize we have a warranty issue that might be questionable, we contact the service manager via email so it can be recorded into the "system". Of course we let them know that we would like this matter addressed on the next scheduled warranty visit. Hope this helps
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray364 View Post
Stvr,

I have a 165 too and have a water leak. Mine is in one of the pipes (hoses) that runs along the floor under the sink.

Is this where your leak is coming from?

dealer says the water pump has hairline crack and they have replaced it. The heater is fixed dont know what the prob was the faucet is being replaced and they have replaced the valance on the front window that was greasy will pick it up on the 23 of nov. due to my job.
stvrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote