Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #1

2017 Jayco Slx 174bh - Side Air conditioner Leaking

I purchased a 2017 Jayco slx 174bh with a side air conditioner. I finally was able to take it out and test in an RV park. It was about 94 degrees during the 2 days. The air (side) conditioner was leaking pretty good down the side of the trailer and window. We used a regular level on on the floor and it appeared to be level so I do think that was it. This cannot be normal.

What could be causing this? Can anyone suggest what to do to fix it? I know still under warranty but I would like to get through summer and them make repairs during winter they could have it a while. I would upload photos but for some reason it will not take me to my picture gallery.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #2

If by leaking you mean condensate running on outside wall, I think this is "normal".
I don't think they'll do anything under warranty for that (but do let me know! If there's a fix for it I want it too
As for the fix, if this AC has discharge tube connector, it may be possible to connect the tube and run it outside far enough from the wall to drip freely to the ground.

Jay flight Slx 174BH Baja
Ukrainian_Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:33 PM   #3

Since the a/c is right over the window I don't see any other place for the condensate water to go but run over the window and down the side of the trailer.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #4

I saw a post some time ago where the AC was dripping on the window below it. He took it to his dealer who installed, under warranty!, a drip edge over the window.

Mine runs down the side but I also would like a way to get it out and away. So if someone has a fix - please post it with pictures.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #5

Yes, I called and he did state that it was normal and pretty much said was on my own on that. I feel they should do something. Drip edge sounds good. Who wants water on their trailer especially when it is not raining? I was thinking of some sort of edge to but I do not want it on the trailer at all. It is really bothering me so I will probably be relentless with the service center at the dealer for a fix. There is already a recall on the lights on this model so while fixing that they should give me that edge thing under warranty. We will see.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:22 PM   #6

I will ask about a possible tube thing. My central ac stopped working and was forced to put in an air conditioner. Had a similar problem had to attach and run a clear hose to divert water away from my steps. I do not know how to deal with this thin oblong square it is leaking from. Hopefully there will be multiple ideas or fixes that others have come up with. I am hoping the dealer will just handle it.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #7

just be clear it is not just as drip, it a steady stream. I will try to keep you all posted. posted. I am going to take in for other repairs and will discuss with dealer.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #8

Amount of condensation depends mostly on the humidity of the outside air. If you are near the ocean, having a good stream of water from AC is good, it means that everything works as it should, aside from the poor Jayco design that does not divert the runoff from the wall and the window...

Jay flight Slx 174BH Baja
Ukrainian_Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #9

Good to I know it is working. Thank you. I still want to divert it off the window somehow.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #10

Here are some older posts with what people have done:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ide-15285.html

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...cture1667.html

Tags
air conditioner leaking, leaking air contioner, lightweight trailer, sideair conditioner, slx 174bh