Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #1

28dsbh grey two gray tanks?

Okay. So it seems that my 28dsbh has two grey tanks for total of 60 galloons gray capacity. Dos anyone know how these work? Does one fill over into the other Or does one do the bathroom and one the front sink independently? I tried to figure it out this week with no luck. But seems that tank #2 fills first. #1 never got over 1/3
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #2

Okay, so I contacted Jayco Directly. Seems both dealers I talked to gave some incorrect info.

My White Hawk has two 24 Gallon Grey tanks. The front tank services the Kitchen sink only, While the rear tank services the bathroom sink and tub. They DO NOT overflow together, although I would think that it woud make them more versitile if they did. As we fill up the rear tank pretty quick with showers, while we couldnt fill the front past 1/3 all weekend.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #3

I am actually going to look to see if I may be able to install a 3rd gate valve that when closed would alow me to o pen both grey tanks and let them equalize together.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #4

I bought one of these for that purpose. I have not needed to use it yet.
http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-T...ra+waste+valve
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #5

We have the same WHK 28DSBH as you and both our tanks were getting full after 2-3 nights.. so we have now cut down our usage of water in the trailer..... using the CG showers when possible, or using the outside shower to wash kids / hair etc etc... weather permitting of coarse. It's always a learning curve.

Thanks for finding out what size the grey tanks are on the whk28.... Jayco's website doesn't mention 2 grey tanks only a grey tank at 30 or 36gal I believe.

Cheers
Old 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #6

Mine 28DSBH also has two tanks. My complaint is the gauges are not accurate. I have read about these gauges in other threads. My gauge will read 2/3 full and full but there is no way that we used 20+ gallons of water in our sinks over a 1.5 day trip. For as much as these units cost they need gauges that work.

Steven, Michelle, and Ashley
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2008 Dodge 1500 STX
bigdaddyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #7

The other issue is to do anything about it is going to be a pain in the underpinning.

Steven, Michelle, and Ashley
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2008 Dodge 1500 STX
bigdaddyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #8

My gauges actually seemed to be prettyu acurate. I dumped the back tank at 2/3 full into a 25 gallon tote and it was heavy but not quite full. In 2 days the front never got over a 1/3. Thats why I was thinking of a mixing valve of sorts. It may not even be that nessasary once we get the hang of it.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #9

We have a 31DSLB and have the same 2 tank set-up as you do. It has two 24G tanks. One servicing just the kitchen sink and the other services the bathroom shower and sink. Ours can not be equalized without modifications.
As for the gauges, we must be 1 of the few lucky ones as every trailer we have ever owned worked right up unitl the day we traded in. Knock on wood now.....
Old 07-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #10

Connecting two grey tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
I bought one of these for that purpose. I have not needed to use it yet.
http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-T...ra+waste+valve
How does that work? Do you install it at the drain point and open both valves so they fill together? I just got back from my first trip in our new White Hawk, and the limited gray water capacity in the bathroom was a concern. Looking for options, preferably without having to re-plumb everything. Any help is appreciated.
newguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #11

A lot of people attach the extra valve to the end pipe where the hose connects. Then just open both grey valves and the tanks will equalize. You need an adapter on each side of the extra valve so you can attach it to the trailer and then attach the sewer host to the valve.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
How does that work? Do you install it at the drain point and open both valves so they fill together? I just got back from my first trip in our new White Hawk, and the limited gray water capacity in the bathroom was a concern. Looking for options, preferably without having to re-plumb everything. Any help is appreciated.
The idea with that is add that valve to your main drain and close it. Than open both gray tanks to equalize them. I have heard of some that use this to push some grey into the black tank, but I would be afraid of black slashing back into the grey. Probably woudlnt hurt none though. I would only try it if you are positive the black is has a lower level than the gray.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #13

My 29RLDS has 2 gray tanks also. The dealer told me that 1 is for the kitchen and 1 is for the bathroom, seems to work fine so far,

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote