Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2014, 06:09 AM   #11
My goodness! What a trip! I use to pull my old trailer with a Mazda Tribute - same vehicle as your Escape. Boy, could I feel the semi's go by!

I, too, found filling the water tank with 5-7 gal. totes to be a real pain. A couple of years ago, I picked up a small hand pump designed for winterizing your RV - looks like a basketball air pump with a hose coming out of the side. Think I bought it at Wall-Mart or Camping World. I've only used it a couple of times, but boy it makes the job a whole lot easier. You might also look into one of those pumps that fit onto the end of your power drill/screwdriver.

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #12
the ones that use the drill are crap. Youd be better off getting one for a fish tank (seriously). quiet, cheap, and reliable. Hose is cheap and they are self priming.

just sayin.

...she started talking about how I never listened to her or somethin, I donno, I wasn't really paying attention...
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #13
We pull our Swift with a Tundra, no WDH, my husband forgets its back there, but of course we are pulling with WAY more than what we need. We use to tow with a Tacoma (smaller truck) and there was a lot of bounce and push and pull. Altho we probably look rediculous with this big truck and little tiny camper, we dont care, it tows beautiful.
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH
2013 Toyota Tundra

CampRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #14
We originally towed our Skylark with our 6 cyl. Mazda Tribute, but found the towing gas mileage and small tank (16 gallons) to be very limiting. We also felt every semi that passed us pushing us all around. We upgraded to a 2012 Honda Pilot (V6 with ECO) and could be happier. With the larger vehicle and larger gas capacity, the towing mileage is about the same, maybe slightly better, but the comfort and better driving control makes trips much more comfortable.

We have a 5200 mile trip planned for later this summer, so we will see how it goes. We will have some significant mountain climbs and descents to deal with as well.

2011 Skylark 21FKV
us71na is offline   Reply With Quote