Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2016, 12:01 AM   #1

Any 19BH owners out there?

I have my current camper for sale and considering this camper or the Winnebago Micro Minnie 1700bh. Jaycos facebook page is filled with lots of complaints but I would rather hear from actual owners out there who have this camper and how they are liking it?
foxrider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrider68 View Post
I have my current camper for sale and considering this camper or the Winnebago Micro Minnie 1700bh. Jaycos facebook page is filled with lots of complaints but I would rather hear from actual owners out there who have this camper and how they are liking it?

Hey partner I just traded in an 184BH Baja edition, it was great no issues what so ever; the family just out grew it. We ended up getting a Jayco light feather 7 22BHM I will be picking her up this weekend, hopefully it is bullet proof like the 184BH. so to answer your question yes the Jayco BH are great trailers, get it you won’t regret it.

rogerdl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdl05 View Post

Hey partner I just traded in an 184BH Baja edition, it was great no issues what so ever; the family just out grew it. We ended up getting a Jayco light feather 7 22BHM I will be picking her up this weekend, hopefully it is bullet proof like the 184BH. so to answer your question yes the Jayco BH are great trailers, get it you won’t regret it.

How do you like your 22BHM so far? I'm picking mine up next week Tuesday! Any tips of things to watch out for and/or ask at the dealer? Thanks!!
dtosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #4

So my family took the 22BHM out for the 4th of July weekend, WOW what a difference in space, I did not feel as cramped as the 184BH, well worth the extra money. As for tips I really don’t have any the black tank wash is kind of Meh…. So I recommend you fill and flush multiple times to get all waste out of the black tank. Other than that everything worked as it should be, no issues… Oh yeah if you’re going to a cold weather place and it’s a full hook up place, buy yourself a small portable heater and turn that on instead of using your gas heater, saves money… just make sure you don’t sleep with it on. Other than that enjoy the new trailer.
rogerdl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:45 PM   #5

I just took delivery of my 19BH today- writing this on my laptop while the kids and I are "camping out" in the driveway in it just to 'try it out' before we take it somewhere.
We wanted a small trailer- but wanted a shower and despised our pop-up. I can't even feel it behind my full size conversion van and my new truck that's on order has a diesel so it won't be a problem dragging this thing all over the place.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #6

Hi
New to site, new to Jayco TT too. Picked up our 19BH a few weeks back and just fresh back from weekend trip into Canadian Rockies. No big probs yet, just got a little frustrated at lighting the water heater and the unbelievably stiff/tough thermostat on/off switch!
AB/camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:49 PM   #7

Just picked up a 19BH myself a week ago and just got back from 3 days in Algonquin Park. Love the unit and learning lots about it by the day.
Rod
sideroadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #8

Will the bunk sleep a small adult or are they just kid sized? I was looked at a starcraft Launch locally that is the exact same camper. They must be made by the same company?
silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverta16 View Post
Will the bunk sleep a small adult or are they just kid sized? I was looked at a starcraft Launch locally that is the exact same camper. They must be made by the same company?
Yup the bunks will fit a grown up. I'm 5'11 and 220 and slept on the bottom bunk last weekend. A bit awkward to get in and out of but still worked fine.

Rod
sideroadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #10

Good deal. I had a 165 Jayco Sport loved it for sleeping 2 adults and 1 child but need to sleep 2 kids now, and the bathroom was just to tiny. My biggest problem with these campers is not a lot of grey water capacity, my old camper had 15 gallons which really limits shower time on the road as we did mainly camping with no hookups. Always worried me so I just sold it when I got the chance but miss it so I'm looking to replace it. Good learning experience though.
silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #11

I bought the very similar (different floor plan) 19RD in May of 2015 and I still love it.

We upgraded from a much smaller (and older) TT. The 50/50/20 tanks are a godsend!

Everything else on the trailer was kept as simple as possible.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote