Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
We love ours, survived a major thunderstorm and heavy rains and it stayed totally dry.....love the auto dump on the awning, set up and take down. Been out 9 times this year......we don't regret our purchase
__________________

__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #102
Junior Member
 
ecchamberlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Port Hueneme, CA
Posts: 9
We have just came home from our second outing with our 213. Over all we are really happy that we spent a little more money than we budgeted for our RV. We like how much floor space we get for such a lite trailer and the quality seems to be very good. We are beach campers so the outside shower gets lots of use.

Some things we would like to improve are:
-storage space for longer trips. We plan on building a shelf system for the front closet with the hanger bar. Some of the floor level cabinets have blocked off areas for single wires or hoses and we think we can carefully strap these out of the way better and remove the blocking for more useble space. Not a fan of 'jerry rigging' so if it cannot be done and look good then we will not do it.

-the dinet bench against the king bed mattress does not stand up straight because the mattress seems to be too large and hangs over the edge of the bed platform. We thought that maybe we were having the same problem as some others here with the bed not extending out completely but there is only 3/4" to maybe 1" of space between the wood trim work and the wall when fully out. That seems like the bed is extended all of the way but maybe someone can chime in and say other wise. We are thinking of shortening the bed mattress a few inches to correct this.

-I would like to add a 2" hitch to the rear frame. We understand that the ultra lite frames are not as strong as more typical RV frames but a box for the BBQ grill and some campsite swag would be all we would store in it to keep the weight under 200lbs max with hitch and box. I just saw one for sale on this site from a guy in NY. Curious if he bought it or made it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We get lots of questions about the trailer (specifically about the slide out bed) and we really like the friendly atmosphere of most camp grounds so we welcome the questions.
__________________

ecchamberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Congrats on your new TT, gotta love the x213, we ave been out 10 x so far, we have a pick up so storage is not a problems. My understanding is that the rear bumper is rated for no more than a 100 lbs. Keep us posted with your mods....my biggest one I want to do is adding 2-6v t105 Trojan batteries since I dry camp most of he time.
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #104
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchamberlin View Post
-the dinet bench against the king bed mattress does not stand up straight because the mattress seems to be too large and hangs over the edge of the bed platform. We thought that maybe we were having the same problem as some others here with the bed not extending out completely but there is only 3/4" to maybe 1" of space between the wood trim work and the wall when fully out. That seems like the bed is extended all of the way but maybe someone can chime in and say other wise. We are thinking of shortening the bed mattress a few inches to correct this.

I went camping this weekend and one of the things I wanted to check out was if my mattress did indeed overhang - hadn't noticed it prior, but that's the side that my boys always sit on, so I wouldn't have notived it. Anyway, checked it out and there is no overhang, actually my slide out clears the dinette by about an inch.
__________________
2012 Jayco X213
2008 Ford F150
MPLARRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #105
Member
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 33
I am looking into an X213 myself. Right now it is a toss between that and the Rockwood Roo 23RS. Both have pros and cons. I have pretty much eliminated the Outback 210rs due to weight and height (more frontal area above TV) even though I liked the storage and outside kitchen on it.

Anyone out there give me some reason so why I would go with the Jayco over Forest River Rockwood Roo?
__________________
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel
Trailer - On Hold
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #106
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
I am looking into an X213 myself. Right now it is a toss between that and the Rockwood Roo 23RS. Both have pros and cons. I have pretty much eliminated the Outback 210rs due to weight and height (more frontal area above TV) even though I liked the storage and outside kitchen on it.

Anyone out there give me some reason so why I would go with the Jayco over Forest River Rockwood Roo?
Does the Forest River Rockwood Roo come with 2 year warranty? If you are a seasonal user, the 2 year warranty makes more sense and gives you a bit more time in case something happens to the rig.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #107
Member
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
Does the Forest River Rockwood Roo come with 2 year warranty? If you are a seasonal user, the 2 year warranty makes more sense and gives you a bit more time in case something happens to the rig.
I think you made the biggest point. Thank you.

I guess a manufacturer that offers 2 years instead of the "standard" 1 year thinks their product must be superior.
__________________
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel
Trailer - On Hold
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
I think you made the biggest point. Thank you.

I guess a manufacturer that offers 2 years instead of the "standard" 1 year thinks their product must be superior.
I don't know anything about the Roo, but we really love our x213. It is easy to tow and it is roomy enough for us . We have been out on 16 trips so far and thru a couple major thunderstorms and stayed absolutely dry. The 2 yr. warranty was a factor but we still took a 5 yr. extended warranty anyways. Do your homework before you buy, purchasing in the fall and early spring is when you will get the best deal. Good luck with you decision.
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #109
Member
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
I don't know anything about the Roo, but we really love our x213. It is easy to tow and it is roomy enough for us . We have been out on 16 trips so far and thru a couple major thunderstorms and stayed absolutely dry. The 2 yr. warranty was a factor but we still took a 5 yr. extended warranty anyways. Do your homework before you buy, purchasing in the fall and early spring is when you will get the best deal. Good luck with you decision.
How is outside storage? Or do you have to crate things and bring them inside. I only see one external storage compartment.

The nose looks to be pretty sleek. Anyone know where to find frontal area?
__________________
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel
Trailer - On Hold
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #110
Member
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 33
Thanks everyone.
I just found out today that a former co-worker and friend from Albany started working for a Jayco Dealer 2 weeks ago. I just got off the phone with him. He he is in Indiana for Jayco training. He has one is a stock. It looks like road trip time.
__________________

__________________
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel
Trailer - On Hold
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.