Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Question for y’all X213 owners. When the rear slide is in, how much access do you have to the inside of the camper? Can you get to thebathroom? Kitchen sink? If you were traveling and wanted just a quick overnight stay for a break, could you sleep without opening the slide? Also, how sturdyis the slide? Do you feel any “bounce” when the spouse rolls over in the middle ofthe night?

The slide covers the dinette and couch when it's in. You can access the kitchen, pantry, fridge, bathroom, front bunks and wardrobe with it in.

Yes you can sleep without opening the slide, although if your stopover location allows it, it's quick to slide it out and then flip up the couch even if you didn't assemble the dinette table.

Can't say I feel any bounce from the spouse or toddler that sleeps with us; decently solid bed. I do feel some movement in the trailer if the front bunk kids get up to use the bathroom.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #172

Quote:
Question for y’all X213 owners. When the rear slide is in, how much access do you have to the inside of the camper? Can you get to thebathroom? Kitchen sink? If you were traveling and wanted just a quick overnight stay for a break, could you sleep without opening the slide? Also, how sturdyis the slide? Do you feel any “bounce” when the spouse rolls over in the middle ofthe night?
Howie,
We've now had our X213 two months, and we've taken it out camping once (last weekend) and stayed overnight twice in the driveway. So while my experience is limited, I can offer the following. The rear slide when in only covers the couch and dinette. You'll still have full kitchen and bathroom access. This is nice for stopping during a trip without having to open up the camper, and yes, you can still sleep just fine in the bed. As for sturdiness, mine is rock solid in or out. And while the mattress is thin, you don't notice movement from someone next to you.
Adam

Adam&Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #173

What are you towing it with Adam? How does it pull?
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
What are you towing it with Adam? How does it pull?
2004 Ford Explorer, which I guess is a 1/2 ton truck. With towing package, 3.73 rearend, and V8, Ford rated towing capacity at about 7100 lbs. And to answer your earlier question, my WDH is a 600 lbs. tongue weight. This was what Camping World recommended, but I don't know why. I've also only done a few drives with it, but it seems to do just fine. You definitely know it's back there and truck revs high up steep hills, but otherwise I have no problems. It's really not the ideal truck, but I already had it. I bought it with the intention of one day buying a smaller, lighter trailer, but when I really sat down to choose a trailer, nothing compared to the X213. What I'll probably do in the future is modify the Explorer a little to be a better tow car... something like sway bars, tighter struts/shocks, tuned ECU, etc.
Adam&Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:38 AM   #175

Thanks for the replies to my question. Now I have another question, (I'm asking because we are considering trading/selling our hybrid and going back to a hard sided camper, and I really like the size of the X213) if you're packing up to leave and it is raining, does any water/dampness get inside the camper when putting the slide in?
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #176

Not to hijack the thread, but wondering if any of you have replaced your lights with LEDS? If so how many did you buy? Our new TT is in storage so I can't count them and DH said the total isn't in the manual. I'd love to grab them on amazon before we bring it home. TIA.
chent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by chent View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but wondering if any of you have replaced your lights with LEDS? If so how many did you buy? Our new TT is in storage so I can't count them and DH said the total isn't in the manual. I'd love to grab them on amazon before we bring it home. TIA.
If I remember right there are 18 bulbs. I got 2 packs of 20 from Amazon for about $6 each.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #178

Quote:
Thanks for the replies to my question. Now I have another question, (I'm asking because we are considering trading/selling our hybrid and going back to a hard sided camper, and I really like the size of the X213) if you're packing up to leave and it is raining, does any water/dampness get inside the camper when putting the slide in?
If you pull the slide in too fast when it is raining water can build up behind the rubber wiper and sneak inside the trailer at the corners. We had it happen once. Now I just move the slide a foot or two and give it a moment for water to run off the top before continuing.
The top of the slide will be a little wet inside the trailer for your trip home, but you wont have water dripping or anything.

If you camp under trees make sure to sweep any leaves or other junk off the slide before closing
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #179

We also ordered our 2016 x213. First trailer for our family of 4. Hopefully all goes well.
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #180

Awesome! Thanks!

chent is offline   Reply With Quote