Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
My manual says that I can use the City water connection to fill my tank... Is this true? I'm not seeing a by pass. If not the tank fill is on the passager side which would mean you have to either use a hose or go through the filling station backwards. Am I missing something?
I don't think it is. The manual is written for the entire Jay Feather line and I don't think we have that option. Although I am fine with someone proving me wrong.

As far as i know, it's city water fill to use a direct water connection and the gravity fill to fill the tanks. It's been nice to have it on the awning side as that way when you're filling a few days into a stay, you're standing where there is room rather than standing in the bush which often happened to us with our PUP. Getting chewed by mosquitoes while filling the tank sucked.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #202

SilverEscape is correct, I went outside and looked at our light/fan and its the one with the white clips.

Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #203

Thx
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #204

I've found a few parks that are set up for the gravity fill on the driver's side. I guess 90% of trailers have their gravity fill on that side? That is the only time I find it a nuisance to have the gravity fill on the curb side.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:39 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by chent View Post
Has anyone had the need to lock the cargo/bottom bunk door in such a way so that it cannot be opened from the inside?

We're trying to figure out the best sleeping arrangements for our kids, and the concern is with the toddler being able to open that door.
I've been struggling with this same dilemma now since buying the trailer. We've camped twice, and each time I was constantly worried about it. And the dealer told me it could be locked from the outside as a selling point when I asked, but I didn't think to actually see how that was done before purchasing and bringing it home. Anyway, I did come up with a solution that I think will help.

For about $7 at Home Depot, I bought a chain type hotel lock. I mounted one side to the thickest wood area towards the bathroom, and the other in the bottom corner of the door. Because you're mounting into the soft plastic of the door and whatever insulation sits behind it, I squeezed a little epoxy into the holes first to give the screws a little more to hold them in. Placement for me was specific, but you can do this anywhere along the door and wall below the bottom bunk. Also, if you mount the slide piece vertically like I did, the chain will never come out while towing. Although I'll still check the latch when getting to camp sites because I'm OCD...

Depending on what you want and if mounted correctly, you could open the door an inch, slide your fingers in from the outside, and lift the chain off. Since I don't really ever use this door, and I don't want anyone else to be able to open it so easily if the lock is picked while my 2 yr. old is in there, I put mine in where the door can open a little, but not enough to open it from the outside.

As for safety exit concerns, I think this works well because my son isn't going to exit himself in an emergency right now. And in a couple years when he does understand, I can teach him how to get out that door if he needs to. Basically, just kick it. It's a strong enough latch today to keep him in, even if you lean against it. But in an emergency, the screws in the door will never be tight enough to withstand a good hard kick.

Hope that helps, and here's a photo of the five minute job.
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg  
Adam&Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #206

What storage covers are you guys using? How have they held up? I would like to try and keep the sun off our new camper.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #207

We use an Adco (I think that's the name) that we bought at Camping World. It does a great job keeping sun and dirt off our X213. Watch some you tube videos of how to put it on and take it off. We didn't and had a hard time at first. After watching a few videos, we learned better ways to do it.
galakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #208

Thx, I was looking at those on Amazon. What size did you get?
Old 05-31-2015, 05:50 AM   #209

And what do you do with the radio antenna under the cover?
Old 05-31-2015, 06:06 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
And what do you do with the radio antenna under the cover?
Lower it, just loosen the one screw at the end of the antenna.