Thanks - I have a 4awg currently.

PackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:37 PM   #322

Way over kill, but won't hurt.

bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackFan View Post
Hey everyone. I picked up a couple of 6V interstate GC2 batteries at Costco today and wanted to find out what battery boxes seem to work best for these. The height looks like it's going to be very tight. Also, what size wire should be used to jump these? I had a post saved and I can't find it anymore.
Thanks in advance!
I just bought the same batteries and ran into a problem mounting them on our 2016 x213. The got two of these battery boxes from Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00316KU6E There didn't seem to be any other viable options for a box.

The problem was that these boxes don't fit on the tongue battery area without hitting the front of the trailer. I ended up having to cut down the height of the box by about 1/2" and then cutting the top back corner of the box cover at a 45 degree angle and using Gorilla tape to cover the hole. It was a huge pain the butt, and not a very good solution, but unless you make yourself a custom box or leave the batteries uncovered... there's not much else to do about it.

I also added a few more things to the battery setup to make it nicer. I got this battery cutoff switch: http://amzn.com/B005DUUL9W which is helpful, but the really cool thing was this: http://amzn.com/B013PKYILS . That shows the exact voltage of the battery and most importantly the amp usage. VERY useful when dry camping.
Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #324

Do you have a picture of yours installed? Do you think the gorilla tape is going to hold out the moisture or is it something your going to have to maintain?

This is the box I decided to order because it seemed the smallest out of the ones I could find in terms of height and width: http://www.amazon.com/Powerhouse-Battery-Box-Group-Gc-2/dp/B004RCV1TG
I still don't know if it will fit. I will find out tomorrow. Also, good to know on the accessories!! I saw those too and thought they would be a great addition! Amazon is a growing sickness in this house.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
Anybody that has a 2015 X213 have a Maxxair cover? Is there room for one between the vent, and the skylight above the tub? I was just getting ready to order he Maxxair ll but I want to make sure there is room. Thanks
I have a 2015 with Max Air 2 on it. I will see if I can get a pic of it later today.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #326

Just an FYI for anyone else looking into this. This box http://www.amazon.com/Powerhouse-Bat.../dp/B004RCV1TG fits perfectly on a 2015. The back edge of the box is beveled so you're not having the full height issue if it were square. Sorry to blow up the page the last few days but wanted to share the info. You can find them much cheaper than Amazon after looking a little further into it.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackFan View Post
Just an FYI for anyone else looking into this. This box http://www.amazon.com/Powerhouse-Bat.../dp/B004RCV1TG fits perfectly on a 2015. The back edge of the box is beveled so you're not having the full height issue if it were square. Sorry to blow up the page the last few days but wanted to share the info. You can find them much cheaper than Amazon after looking a little further into it.
Cool. I'll switch over to those once my tape starts failing.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:24 AM   #328

Has anyone upgraded their converter/battery charger to a "smart" charger? I heard there are some Jayco converters that just need an add-on to upgrade it.

edit: Hmm... it looks like the one installed has a built in smart charger with 4 modes. It's the Progressive Dynamics PD4045. http://www.progressivedyn.com/all_in_one_pd4000.html But whenever I check the voltage, it's 13.6v. Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilde View Post
Has anyone upgraded their converter/battery charger to a "smart" charger? I heard there are some Jayco converters that just need an add-on to upgrade it.

edit: Hmm... it looks like the one installed has a built in smart charger with 4 modes. It's the Progressive Dynamics PD4045. Mighty Mini Compact AC/DC Power Distribution Panel But whenever I check the voltage, it's 13.6v. Any thoughts on this?
From the FAQ's section..."Electronic converter/chargers first convert the 120 VAC 60 Hz from the outlet to 120 VDC after it passes through Diode Rectifier #1, the Capacitor then filters the ripple voltage. This 120 VDC voltage is then fed to an Electronic Switching Circuit that converts it to back to AC and increases the frequency from the original 60 Hz to 3,500 HZ. This high frequency AC voltage is now fed to a step-down transformer where the output voltage reduced to approximately 13.6 volts AC and Diode Rectifier #2 converts the AC to 13.6 Volts DC and the Capacitor filters out the ripple."
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #330

New owner checking in!

Gratuitous picture of our setup:

Got a question -- I have three keys for this thing (with duplicates). One black key for the shower and outside cargo hatch. Pink key for the human door and the cargo door on the left. And another pink key, which I can't figure out what it goes to. I must have missed it in the PDI, and now I'm confused. What else locks on this thing and uses the second pink key?