Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #341

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
I did make a nice ladder for the bunk, it ended up costing about 1/2 of the ugly ones you can buy (the build is on my website. restrictedayerspace dot net
I think I might just swipe that idea and build something similar. We bought our X213 last weekend and we haven't decided on what to do for a ladder, but we've been uninspired by the $60 ladders on Amazon. I appreciate you posting the plans.

Quote:
Once I get the solar install done and documented I'll post that up here too.
Bookmarking your site and eagerly awaiting that install . We're going to be boondocking primarily, so anything power-related is very interesting to me.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #342

There was a thread somewhere of a guy who built a ladder that folded up against the bathroom wall. looked pretty sweet.

rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:50 AM   #343

Here it is...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...s-26801-3.html
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #344

Added a pet screen to my front door today too. Total cost about $5.00 using a broken gate I found at the transfer station.

Jayco X213 Pet Screen Restricted Ayerspace
Attached Thumbnails
File May 22, 1 04 23 PM.jpg  
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #345

2010 exp 213

HI,

I bought a new to us 2010 exp213 in January. It has been converted to 2-- 6 volt battery set up. The Batteries are shot and my plan is to go back to a single battery system. ( we don't do any boon docking) The prior owner was a butcher and made very poor and unsafe connections my plan is to fix the electrical system correcty.......Long story short...I need a wiring diagram for the camper....can any one help?

Thank you

Tom
1965 Mustang
Brewstercrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewstercrew View Post
HI,

I bought a new to us 2010 exp213 in January. It has been converted to 2-- 6 volt battery set up. The Batteries are shot and my plan is to go back to a single battery system. ( we don't do any boon docking) The prior owner was a butcher and made very poor and unsafe connections my plan is to fix the electrical system correcty.......Long story short...I need a wiring diagram for the camper....can any one help?

Thank you

Tom
I would love one too, if available.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #347

I used the century plastics box on mine Century Plastics: White Heavy Duty Battery Box - (part#: GCE-G)

only issue was height, I had to cut them down a little and move my battery holding bars about an inch (kind of a pain, but you might not have to).
equilizer hitch
14 Jayco x213
RVCamperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #348

move the bars that your batteries sit on forward- I had to move mine about an inch, then re-weld them.
equilizer hitch
14 Jayco x213
RVCamperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #349

In the midst of our first real outing with the trailer, I have a couple questions for y'all...

1) What is the orifice for on the ceiling just in front of the slide when it's opened? Looks like a jack of some flavor. Something plug into that, like a light? We got no accessories with the trailer that look like they should attach there.

2) What are the little handle-like things on the ceiling of the slide, near the front?

(yes, these are things we should have noticed and asked during PDI, but we overlooked them ;-))

3) Has anyone modified the cubbies above the 'headboard' of the king bed? We have a three inch thick topper, I hit my head (not too hard) a couple times last night, and I still found the bed to be too hard to be comfortable, so I'm going to make it thicker. Safe to assume those cubbies are not structurally important, just tacked on? I was thinking of shortening them by about half the height and making them into some kind of shelf instead of a closed cabinet. Not sure what we'll end up putting there anyway.

So far I really like the trailer. Pulling it 300 miles yesterday was a real chore, but that was because we dragged it down the Columbia River Gorge with quartering-tailwinds in the 20-40 MPH range, so we were getting pushed around a fair bit. Maybe not worth white-knuckling it, but this is my first trailer so I don't have a good idea of what normal movement is, and where it becomes worrisome. When there wasn't appreciable wind gusts, we cruised along at 60-65 and couldn't hardly tell the trailer was there. And the twin turbo V6 on the F150 is fantastic for power -- went over Blewitt Pass without even trying. Not exactly the Rockies, but still.

Once I figure out how to make the bed comfortable for me, I'm going to be a happy camper.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #350

The jack is for an accessory light fan combo and the hooks are for it to clip onto. The light fan cost about $60.

The mattresses that come stock are fibre filled and not foam. I had an 8" foam mattress made for king bed and 4"foams made for my kids.

You should not get any sway out of your trailer. Your f150 isn't a very heavy truck look at buying the Anderson hitch this will stop your sway and improve safety.

https://www.andersenhitches.com/Cata...ion-hitch.aspx

Copy and paste link

bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote