Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #51

UPDATE and INFO regarding my X213 un-level slide out issue.

Received a call from the dealer the other day advising that my slide out motor is not the proper one for my unit. (as I suspected all along)

New motor is on order and will be installed in the spring once the trailer is out of storage. When the new motor is installed all previous adjustments will be reversed and hopefully no more slide digging into cushions and the slide will be level.

This made me a very happy camper. Hopefully this information will help others that are dealing with the same problem. If anyone would like more details send me a PM.

OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #52

That is great news! I always wondered about our slide motor, but since I am out of warranty now, I guess I don't really have a leg to stand on. Ours works okay, I'm not completely satisfied, but I can live with it.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #53

Talking

I bought an X213 in the spring, and have been fighting the slide issue all summer.
Last week the dealer had me get the trailer from storage, and they replaced the motor on the slide. The slide is finally level when extended and does not dig into the cushions.
The new motor seems to fix the problem.
From the info that I got, this was a pervasive problem with the X213.
Other than this issue, we love the trailer.

2011 Jayco X213
2005 Chev Tahoe 5.3L
dukercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #54

Hi! we have a 2010 X213 and I have had no issues with the slide (knock on wood)...
Sportsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #55

We have a 213 with the same slide issue. Even with me pushing up on the slide as my wide extends it, it's still 2.25" out of level once the clutch engages. It is well powered (we use a 30A Yamaha EF4500iSE) and it still won't completely level up.

I've had it into the local dealer for adjustment, but the local RV tech insisted that this is normal and that Jayco designed the slide this way for water drainage. We had a disagreement as to why there should be 2.25" of slope which was not constructive so I opted not to continue the conversation with the gentleman.

Once our unit is out of winter storage, I'm taking it back and insisting on a better solution. Sleeping with your head below ones feet is not a pleasant experience. Nor is sleeping with your head at the other end of the bed with your pillow falling on the floor all night.

Hopefully Jayco or the dealership will assist us with a solution to the infamous "sloping slide" issue.

One year of warranty left. *crossing fingers for a solution*
Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #56

NVarra- Call Jayco head office and start discussing this with them during the off season so your camping season isn't effected too much. As you probably read, I have had a heck of a time with mine and finally they have figured out that the slide motors they put in the X213 isn't the proper motor for this unit. I have been telling them this from the start, but I'm not a tech, so fell on deaf ears. As soon as mine comes out of storage it is getting the proper motor installed and hopefully the problem will be fixed.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #57

OffTheGround - Do you have any specific Jayco service reps that you were dealing with? If so, would you mind sharing their contact information? In the interest of good communication, it would be nice to speak with the same folks you did.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #58

Although I did start a file with someone from Jayco head office, ultimately they are not the ones who finally told me about the motor issue. It was my dealer that took the issue to Jayco and went to bat for me. Jayco Head Office phone number is 1 800 283 8267 if you want to call them directly. Have your VIN number ready. keep me posted and if I can help in any other way I will.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #59

I just emailed Jayco last week through their website. Today one of the reps called my wife at home, and then proceeded to write me an email in response to my slideout motor. Apparently they need to change a trip breaker in the motor itself from 20A to 30A, that will keep the clutch from engaging until the slideout is fully extended. I'm out of warranty, but they will make this modification for me as a goodwill gesture. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with Jayco's customer service!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #60

This is not a problem....but rather a question.

When filling your fresh water tank, when the tank is almost full, water starts gushing out of the overflow tube. Even when I turn off the water hose, water still comes out of the tube for another 20-40 seconds...that is a lot of water going onto the ground. I figure it has to do with air pressure, etc. Maybe I need to fill the tank more slowly when the tank is nearing full? With such a small fresh water tank, I don't like losing so much water through the overflow tube.

Does anyone else experience this? LIke I said, its not a problem.