Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #101

We love ours, survived a major thunderstorm and heavy rains and it stayed totally dry.....love the auto dump on the awning, set up and take down. Been out 9 times this year......we don't regret our purchase
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #102

We have just came home from our second outing with our 213. Over all we are really happy that we spent a little more money than we budgeted for our RV. We like how much floor space we get for such a lite trailer and the quality seems to be very good. We are beach campers so the outside shower gets lots of use.

Some things we would like to improve are:
-storage space for longer trips. We plan on building a shelf system for the front closet with the hanger bar. Some of the floor level cabinets have blocked off areas for single wires or hoses and we think we can carefully strap these out of the way better and remove the blocking for more useble space. Not a fan of 'jerry rigging' so if it cannot be done and look good then we will not do it.

-the dinet bench against the king bed mattress does not stand up straight because the mattress seems to be too large and hangs over the edge of the bed platform. We thought that maybe we were having the same problem as some others here with the bed not extending out completely but there is only 3/4" to maybe 1" of space between the wood trim work and the wall when fully out. That seems like the bed is extended all of the way but maybe someone can chime in and say other wise. We are thinking of shortening the bed mattress a few inches to correct this.

-I would like to add a 2" hitch to the rear frame. We understand that the ultra lite frames are not as strong as more typical RV frames but a box for the BBQ grill and some campsite swag would be all we would store in it to keep the weight under 200lbs max with hitch and box. I just saw one for sale on this site from a guy in NY. Curious if he bought it or made it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We get lots of questions about the trailer (specifically about the slide out bed) and we really like the friendly atmosphere of most camp grounds so we welcome the questions.
ecchamberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #103

Congrats on your new TT, gotta love the x213, we ave been out 10 x so far, we have a pick up so storage is not a problems. My understanding is that the rear bumper is rated for no more than a 100 lbs. Keep us posted with your mods....my biggest one I want to do is adding 2-6v t105 Trojan batteries since I dry camp most of he time.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchamberlin View Post
-the dinet bench against the king bed mattress does not stand up straight because the mattress seems to be too large and hangs over the edge of the bed platform. We thought that maybe we were having the same problem as some others here with the bed not extending out completely but there is only 3/4" to maybe 1" of space between the wood trim work and the wall when fully out. That seems like the bed is extended all of the way but maybe someone can chime in and say other wise. We are thinking of shortening the bed mattress a few inches to correct this.

I went camping this weekend and one of the things I wanted to check out was if my mattress did indeed overhang - hadn't noticed it prior, but that's the side that my boys always sit on, so I wouldn't have notived it. Anyway, checked it out and there is no overhang, actually my slide out clears the dinette by about an inch.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #105

I am looking into an X213 myself. Right now it is a toss between that and the Rockwood Roo 23RS. Both have pros and cons. I have pretty much eliminated the Outback 210rs due to weight and height (more frontal area above TV) even though I liked the storage and outside kitchen on it.

Anyone out there give me some reason so why I would go with the Jayco over Forest River Rockwood Roo?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
I am looking into an X213 myself. Right now it is a toss between that and the Rockwood Roo 23RS. Both have pros and cons. I have pretty much eliminated the Outback 210rs due to weight and height (more frontal area above TV) even though I liked the storage and outside kitchen on it.

Anyone out there give me some reason so why I would go with the Jayco over Forest River Rockwood Roo?
Does the Forest River Rockwood Roo come with 2 year warranty? If you are a seasonal user, the 2 year warranty makes more sense and gives you a bit more time in case something happens to the rig.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
Does the Forest River Rockwood Roo come with 2 year warranty? If you are a seasonal user, the 2 year warranty makes more sense and gives you a bit more time in case something happens to the rig.
I think you made the biggest point. Thank you.

I guess a manufacturer that offers 2 years instead of the "standard" 1 year thinks their product must be superior.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
I think you made the biggest point. Thank you.

I guess a manufacturer that offers 2 years instead of the "standard" 1 year thinks their product must be superior.
I don't know anything about the Roo, but we really love our x213. It is easy to tow and it is roomy enough for us . We have been out on 16 trips so far and thru a couple major thunderstorms and stayed absolutely dry. The 2 yr. warranty was a factor but we still took a 5 yr. extended warranty anyways. Do your homework before you buy, purchasing in the fall and early spring is when you will get the best deal. Good luck with you decision.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
I don't know anything about the Roo, but we really love our x213. It is easy to tow and it is roomy enough for us . We have been out on 16 trips so far and thru a couple major thunderstorms and stayed absolutely dry. The 2 yr. warranty was a factor but we still took a 5 yr. extended warranty anyways. Do your homework before you buy, purchasing in the fall and early spring is when you will get the best deal. Good luck with you decision.
How is outside storage? Or do you have to crate things and bring them inside. I only see one external storage compartment.

The nose looks to be pretty sleek. Anyone know where to find frontal area?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #110

Thanks everyone.
I just found out today that a former co-worker and friend from Albany started working for a Jayco Dealer 2 weeks ago. I just got off the phone with him. He he is in Indiana for Jayco training. He has one is a stock. It looks like road trip time.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #111

It just has the utility compartment to stotre the BBQ that come with the trailer, I store all the hoses, crank handles, tow mirrors and misc stuff. There is storage space under he sofa, two compartments under the dinette seats and the lower front bunk folds up for additional storage like bikes etc
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #112

It is official. Just put a down payment on a 2013 X213!!!
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #113

Congrats, you are going to love it! We are still hoping to get out one more time this season! I can't get enough camping in!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #114

I have one more question for people with X213 and WDH. What are you using for a WDH. I would like a reese dual cam setup, but will that work for this camper? Or should I go for an equalizer or reese SC (equalizer type).
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
It just has the utility compartment to stotre the BBQ that come with the trailer, I store all the hoses, crank handles, tow mirrors and misc stuff. There is storage space under he sofa, two compartments under the dinette seats and the lower front bunk folds up for additional storage like bikes etc
There is storage space under the sofa????? I missed that.... gonna have to check that out.....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #116

I use a reese hitch that has round weight distribution bars with my x213.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #117

I use a Equalizer WDH and have not had a problem.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLARRY View Post
There is storage space under the sofa????? I missed that.... gonna have to check that out.....
Yup, there is, you have to angle the sofa up and the flap will lift up. I put small storage totes under there
Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #119

This may sound elementary but I have not found my hot and cold water low point drains yet. I know where the freshwater low point drain is located. I have a 2012 X213 and I am getting ready to put it up for the winter.
postalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #120

On the 2013 I was looking at, there is a little cabinet between the furnace and the bathroom. Check in there.