Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
Sorry, I should have read your post with my glasses on...your water pump is in that area under the dinette seat. There is 2 Philips screws that hold the cover on

No worries and any and all suggestions are welcomed.

I have spent the majority of the day looking into this issue and have yet to find it. I tried to duplicate it with no success. I completely filled the grey tank to the point the tub wasn't draining any longer with no evidence of water anywhere. I ran both hot and cold side of the kitchen sink, no drips anywhere. Checked all the drain pipes while faucets were running and no leaks. Filled both sides of the kitchen sink with water with stoppers in and no drips around base of sink drain. While the grey tank was filling and completely full I would rock the camper trying to possibly duplicate a slosh effect, no drips or water evidence to be seen even out of the stubbed up vent pipe under the sink. I have crawled under the sink area as far as I could and also under the stove area since the plumbing lines (water) pass thru that area, no leaks. I even crawled under the travel trailer to see if any evidence could be seen under neath and no water. I just don't get it.

So it must be a classic case of take the car to the mechanic and it behaves. So I guess I am at a stand still till I go on my next trip in September. If it happens there then I'm going to repeat the steps above while there to locate/isolate and repair (hopefully).

Quick question though, what exactly is the stubbed up vent pipe there for? Is it necessary? I have had several makes and models as well as years of travel trailers and have never seen this in place, only the vent out of the roof for both black and grey tanks. If it isn't exactly necessary and if the problem reoccurs then I may look into getting a threaded pipe cap to seal it off, if it is the issue.

Thanks again,
Scott
slogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #162

I had a water leak under my sink too, and it was the supply lines going to my kitchen faucet. I noticed a small puddle in from of my door when I walked in. Opened the cupboard to find the linoleum wet under the sink. I thought it was the sewer pipe. Took a couple of looks over a few weeks to finally find the the PEX fitting that was leaking. Gave it a few turns, leak was gone.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
I had a water leak under my sink too, and it was the supply lines going to my kitchen faucet. I noticed a small puddle in from of my door when I walked in. Opened the cupboard to find the linoleum wet under the sink. I thought it was the sewer pipe. Took a couple of looks over a few weeks to finally find the the PEX fitting that was leaking. Gave it a few turns, leak was gone.
Thanks, I'll just go back under there and give each connection on the supply side a turn or two just to see if any connector was loose. Hopefully that will solve it.

Thanks again,
Scott
slogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #164

Add me to the X213 owners list (and the first time trailer owners list)!

My wife got sick of of seeing her BMW Z3 collecting dust in the garage since having our first kid almost two years ago now, so she decided trade it in (it was a 3rd car for us that we referred to as our "date night car"). In her mind, a 2-seater for a three person family doesn't make sense... but a camper for 6-8 people did. And well, I'm not going to argue with that logic!

After about six months of literally looking at every floorplan made by every trailer company in North America going back a few years, we decided on the X213. Layout, weight, storage, etc. made it perfect for us. We Picked up our 2015 two weekends ago and have done two overnighters in the driveway. First was dry with just battery power, and second was after de-winterizing and with fresh water in the tank and some power run from the house. I find it's easy to understand how everything works (thank you Youtube!), and I've seen no issues with it yet. It's a little intimidating towing for the first time, but I hear that just gets easier with practice. So for now, trips will be within an hour away. First trip is in three weeks up to a Good Sam's recommended site up at lake Allatoona with full hookups. Can't wait, and I'll keep posting things I learn and experience.

Adam

PS Thank you to all previous forum contributors! Your knowledge and support was a huge help in this process.
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco photo.jpg  
Adam&Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #165

Welcome, Adam&Family, to the X213 family. We also have a 2015 and have used it three times...once to Stone Mountain, once to Enota Campground, and once to Cherokee, NC. We love it. We're also from Georgia....Buford. Hope you enjoy your X213!
galakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdude View Post
hello. i'm new to this forum. looks like a great site for a lot of good info.

i just ordered a new 2012' x213 and was wondering if anyone has or has had one of these trailers?
just wanted to get your thoughts and remarks on how you liked or like it?

thanks in advance!
We bought ours new in 2012, we love our trailer. Only issue was that the power jack quit working and the dealer replaced that with a heavy duty one under warranty. Other than that we haven't had any issues. I would suggest a bunk ladder if you are using the upper bunk, don't know why they did not included one.
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
We bought ours new in 2012, we love our trailer. Only issue was that the power jack quit working and the dealer replaced that with a heavy duty one under warranty. Other than that we haven't had any issues. I would suggest a bunk ladder if you are using the upper bunk, don't know why they did not included one.

Did you find a bunk ladder that works well? Right now we help our child into the bunk but she would love it if she could get in/out on her own.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #168

No I have not, we are looking for one that will work since we have 2 grand children that are now old enough to use the bunk..I will be contacting a buddy of mine that runs an RV shop to see what is available.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:55 AM   #169

What size weight distribution hitch is everybody using on their X213 as far as tongue weight ratings. Thanks!
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:20 AM   #170

Question for y’all X213 owners. When the rear slide is in, how much access do you have to the inside of the camper? Can you get to thebathroom? Kitchen sink? If you were traveling and wanted just a quick overnight stay for a break, could you sleep without opening the slide? Also, how sturdyis the slide? Do you feel any “bounce” when the spouse rolls over in the middle ofthe night?
Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Question for y’all X213 owners. When the rear slide is in, how much access do you have to the inside of the camper? Can you get to thebathroom? Kitchen sink? If you were traveling and wanted just a quick overnight stay for a break, could you sleep without opening the slide? Also, how sturdyis the slide? Do you feel any “bounce” when the spouse rolls over in the middle ofthe night?

The slide covers the dinette and couch when it's in. You can access the kitchen, pantry, fridge, bathroom, front bunks and wardrobe with it in.

Yes you can sleep without opening the slide, although if your stopover location allows it, it's quick to slide it out and then flip up the couch even if you didn't assemble the dinette table.

Can't say I feel any bounce from the spouse or toddler that sleeps with us; decently solid bed. I do feel some movement in the trailer if the front bunk kids get up to use the bathroom.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #172

Quote:
Howie,
We've now had our X213 two months, and we've taken it out camping once (last weekend) and stayed overnight twice in the driveway. So while my experience is limited, I can offer the following. The rear slide when in only covers the couch and dinette. You'll still have full kitchen and bathroom access. This is nice for stopping during a trip without having to open up the camper, and yes, you can still sleep just fine in the bed. As for sturdiness, mine is rock solid in or out. And while the mattress is thin, you don't notice movement from someone next to you.
Adam
Old 04-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #173

What are you towing it with Adam? How does it pull?
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
What are you towing it with Adam? How does it pull?
2004 Ford Explorer, which I guess is a 1/2 ton truck. With towing package, 3.73 rearend, and V8, Ford rated towing capacity at about 7100 lbs. And to answer your earlier question, my WDH is a 600 lbs. tongue weight. This was what Camping World recommended, but I don't know why. I've also only done a few drives with it, but it seems to do just fine. You definitely know it's back there and truck revs high up steep hills, but otherwise I have no problems. It's really not the ideal truck, but I already had it. I bought it with the intention of one day buying a smaller, lighter trailer, but when I really sat down to choose a trailer, nothing compared to the X213. What I'll probably do in the future is modify the Explorer a little to be a better tow car... something like sway bars, tighter struts/shocks, tuned ECU, etc.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:38 AM   #175

Thanks for the replies to my question. Now I have another question, (I'm asking because we are considering trading/selling our hybrid and going back to a hard sided camper, and I really like the size of the X213) if you're packing up to leave and it is raining, does any water/dampness get inside the camper when putting the slide in?
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #176

Not to hijack the thread, but wondering if any of you have replaced your lights with LEDS? If so how many did you buy? Our new TT is in storage so I can't count them and DH said the total isn't in the manual. I'd love to grab them on amazon before we bring it home. TIA.
chent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by chent View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but wondering if any of you have replaced your lights with LEDS? If so how many did you buy? Our new TT is in storage so I can't count them and DH said the total isn't in the manual. I'd love to grab them on amazon before we bring it home. TIA.
If I remember right there are 18 bulbs. I got 2 packs of 20 from Amazon for about $6 each.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #178

Quote:
Thanks for the replies to my question. Now I have another question, (I'm asking because we are considering trading/selling our hybrid and going back to a hard sided camper, and I really like the size of the X213) if you're packing up to leave and it is raining, does any water/dampness get inside the camper when putting the slide in?
If you pull the slide in too fast when it is raining water can build up behind the rubber wiper and sneak inside the trailer at the corners. We had it happen once. Now I just move the slide a foot or two and give it a moment for water to run off the top before continuing.
The top of the slide will be a little wet inside the trailer for your trip home, but you wont have water dripping or anything.

If you camp under trees make sure to sweep any leaves or other junk off the slide before closing
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #179

We also ordered our 2016 x213. First trailer for our family of 4. Hopefully all goes well.
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #180

Awesome! Thanks!
chent is offline   Reply With Quote