Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2016, 04:11 AM   #281

I installed a MaxAir II on my 15 x213 and it fit fine. You will be good to go.
Sheepdog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:48 AM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog68 View Post
I installed a MaxAir II on my 15 x213 and it fit fine. You will be good to go.

It must almost ride on top of the caulking around the skylight. I really want the II got a picture?
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:22 AM   #283

Hi Jorgen,
Congrats on your 2016 X213. I'm really digging ours right now. Got it parked on the side of the house. How did your first campout go? I can't wait to take mine out soon.
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #284

Hi Roadhound, our first trip was a success! We drove 3+ hours north and stayed on Lake Charlevoix in Young State Park, Michigan. It was chilly so having a furnace was awesome! Somehow our battery died but the dealer has already said they'll fix us up which is cool. I'm totally new to all this but was able to figure out how to dump all the tanks. I've yet to figure out the water heater - just haven't tried yet.

Also, we had a MaxxAir - the original - installed and it fit just fine so it sounds like either will work.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
It must almost ride on top of the caulking around the skylight. I really want the II got a picture?
I couldn't figure out how to link to photo bucket Go to the photos tab and look for MaxairII for today. When installed it is not flush to roof but is resting slightly on the caulk.
Sheepdog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:25 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
Somehow our battery died but the dealer has already said they'll fix us up which is cool.

Did you check the 30a fuse by the battery? We seem to blow ours every other trip when operating either the slide or tongue jack.
stickyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:55 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyTaco View Post
Did you check the 30a fuse by the battery? We seem to blow ours every other trip when operating either the slide or tongue jack.
Thank you for the suggestion! I have not but certainly will check that fuse this evening when I reattach the battery currently on a charger. The slide and tongue jack both worked when attached to my TV...which seems odd to me only because I've not done this before.

Please find attached a picture of the MaxxAir on my '16 x213. The MaxxAir II looked 'cooler' but was more expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4818.jpg  
Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #288

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion! I have not but certainly will check that fuse this evening when I reattach the battery currently on a charger. The slide and tongue jack both worked when attached to my TV...which seems odd to me only because I've not done this before.

Please find attached a picture of the MaxxAir on my '16 x213. The MaxxAir II looked 'cooler' but was more expensive.

Thanks for the picture! The Maxxair II is only $11 more? But I really don't think there is room?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #289

Quote:
The slide and tongue jack both worked when attached to my TV...which seems odd to me only because I've not done this before.

Yup. Everything gets power from the TV, even when that fuse is blown.
stickyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #290

Your power problem doesn't make sense. The TV Is Ac and the slide and Jack are DC. There isn't a converter in the x213 so how are you getting power?
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcosco View Post
Your power problem doesn't make sense. The TV Is Ac and the slide and Jack are DC. There isn't a converter in the x213 so how are you getting power?
This per the dealer I purchased the x213 from, "The slide and power tongue jack are 12v. The only items that are 30amp/110v are the a/c, microwave, fridge, water heater, and wall outlets."

I'm no expert, especially electrically, but that would explain how I was able to use both the slide and tongue jack via my TV hook-up.

I'll keep you posted on what I figure out. Thanks for helping me figure this out!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcosco View Post
TV is short for tow vehicle
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodandmir View Post
TV is short for tow vehicle

He's referring to the AC television. Not tow vehicle.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:44 PM   #294

Reinstalled newly charged battery - nothing. Frustrated
Old 04-26-2016, 05:48 PM   #295

any x213 owners out there??

Quote:
Reinstalled newly charged battery - nothing. Frustrated

Did you check the 30 a fuze? Did you check the circuit breakers in the box? (I bet you blew a GFCI on one of the power outlets, Check them. I've done that before.)
Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #296

I have checked the 30a fuses in the obvious 2 areas (see attached) and only found them inside at the panel. All GFCI outlets are not tripped inside. I must be missing the one folks keep referring to. Where is it exactly please? If it's outside near the battery - where? Is there a third location of fuses? So confused and so new to this...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4824.jpg   IMG_4821.jpg  
Old 04-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #297

any x213 owners out there??

Quote:
I have checked the 30a fuses in the obvious 2 areas (see attached) and only found them inside at the panel. All GFCI outlets are not tripped inside. I must be missing the one folks keep referring to. Where is it exactly please? If it's outside near the battery - where? Is there a third location of fuses? So confused and so new to this...

I just ran out an took a picture of my 15 for you. I tuck mine inside the battery box. Your looks different.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #298

Thanks for looking so quickly iplumb! so crazy we're only 10-15 miles apart in MI.
Anyway, after I put the kids to bed I'll have to do some more spelunking around under my camper because yeah, I don't have a visible fuse right after the battery like it looks like you do.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #299

Quote:
Thanks for looking so quickly iplumb! so crazy we're only 10-15 miles apart in MI.

Anyway, after I put the kids to bed I'll have to do some more spelunking around under my camper because yeah, I don't have a visible fuse right after the battery like it looks like you do.

That's is crazy, I noticed that. I work in E.L. Chances are good our X213's came from the same dealer. So what's not working now? I know the 1st time I blew this fuse, I didn't know it was there so it was very frustrating. Hang in there.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:54 PM   #300

Hey JORGEN

I
know the electrical inside and out on my 2015 x213. Can you start from the beginning tell me what's happening. I'm sure I can guide you.
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote