Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #421

Nice! Now on my list of to-dos.
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootus View Post
I've never measured TW with a full tank of fresh water, but the tank is above and maybe a little behind the rear axle so it ought to help a little. I don't notice any change in driving dynamics when towing with a full tank aside from feeling the extra 350 pounds or so when I'm dragging it up a hill. I don't habitually leave it 100% drained so there has always been enough for bathroom breaks -- not a lot of water needed for that .... usually.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The fresh water tank should not affect your tongue weight at all, in fact a full tank might even reduce it a bit. That said, I only travel with it being about 1/3 full just to have water for rest stops, etc.
Equal i zer 10k w/sway control
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
EV4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:56 PM   #423

Hey X213 owners - Can you tell me how fast you burn through propane when you are using the heater? I figure since we all have the same rig I should be able to get a fairly accurate idea.

thanks!
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #424

No sure yet. Purchased my new X213 back in April. Still using same propane that came from dealer. No need for heater yet in sunny California right now. Only turned on heater once to see it work. I can let you know in November when I take it to Wyoming! I can share that I had a popup trailer last year with same size tanks and only used one tank in four days on last trip to Wyoming! I'm guessing the X213 propane will last much longer because it's better insulated than a popup.
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
Hey X213 owners - Can you tell me how fast you burn through propane when you are using the heater? I figure since we all have the same rig I should be able to get a fairly accurate idea.

thanks!
Both my tanks are empty right now, after a half dozen outings. We use propane for everything since we only dry camp. I also use it with a big Denali 3X camp chef stove through the external quick connect. We've only used the furnace at the lowest setting to break the chill on really cool evenings, but it's noticeable. Overall I think I've used more for the stove than the furnace, but when the furnace is running it drinks propane relatively fast -- 1 full tank of propane should last about 14 hours of furnace time. My stove pulls that much per burner so it's the bigger user in my case.

I'm thinking of ditching the big stove, then I could make it all summer no problem with the two 20# tanks.
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #426

Camping in the spring or fall with overnight temps just above freezing and heating during the day we have gone through a 20lb tank in as little as five days, generally speaking with summer camping a single 20lb tank lasts us two weeks.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #427

Has anyone changed the blinds in their Tt?
I like it dark when I go to sleep. I want to find some blackout blinds.
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcosco View Post
Has anyone changed the blinds in their Tt?
I like it dark when I go to sleep. I want to find some blackout blinds.
We didn't change out the blinds rather reused some sun shield material from a set of twist & fold auto sun shades from a car we no longer have. The DW sewed some black material on the back side so they can double as both sun shades and black out covers. Attach to the window with some small patches of velcro and then pull the factory blind down - very dark inside plus blocks the heat. Also made one to cover the skylight in the bathroom. We have the smoke tinted MaxxAir covers which helps reduce the light from the vents.

There are a lot of pre-made options as well - you should be able to find something that will work in conjunction with the blinds instead of replacing them. Google "RV black out curtains"
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:03 AM   #429

I just spent my first full week with my X213 and no hook-ups after my solar install. We had a less than ideal site with pretty good tree cover. My panels never saw open sky the whole week. We had a couple heavy thunderstorms and partly cloudy days. We used the porch lights several hours every night. Regular use of the interior lights, ventilation fan, water pump (water heater and fridge on propane - which worked surprising well...good enough that I want to make a propane kegerator to take with me ). Everything worked like a charm...although the battery never did get back to a full "float charge" state during the day the whole trip with cell phones and tablets plugged in to charge at night. The battery dropped to 2/3 on the power panel by bed time and was recharged, even with the limited sunlight, back to full within a couple hours after sun-up.

Pretty happy with the system I installed - but if I had to do two weeks without power I'd probably opt for a little more battery capacity just to be safe (In fact I plan on going to 2 6V batteries when I have a chance in the spring)....to account for rainy days where we decided to hang at the camper instead of visiting places.

On a side note...that little fan that's in the bathroom is a piece of junk...no it didn't break but it can't move air to save it's life (and isn't the most pleasing sound). Has anyone upgraded their bathroom fans? If so what did you go with. It got cool at night where we were camping...but getting the camper to cool down at night was a pain (we did have sun on the camper just not on the panels....).
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #430

I did change my fan. The stock one didn't move any air. I can't remember what the brand name is I did post it in an earlier thread. I no some people go with the (Fantastic) brand but it's loud and expensive plus it's not a direct fit like the one I installed.

I found it
Vortex II Vent Fan Upgrade - Heng's Industries 90046-CR - Vents - Camping World

This fan moves air well, keeps condensation of the windows and you can't hear it run with bathroom door closed.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #431

Thanks! Ordered one for myself. Looks easy enough to install.

I recently made one more mod to my trailer. I added some more interior work surface which doubles as a handy table:

Jayco X213 Quick Table/Work Surface – Restricted Ayerspace

Inspired by the others before me. Click the link to see more details.

X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:31 PM   #432

Smile Added bug screens to our X213 today

Last weekend I converted our AC unit and furnace to use a wall thermostat. While I was poking around in the trailer finding a way to run thermostat wire from the AC to the wall where the furnace thermostat was I found some dirt dauber nests behind the fridge. So this weekends task was to install bug screens.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20160820_16_22_34_Pro 1.jpg   WP_20160820_16_22_18_Pro.jpg   WP_20160820_16_22_15_Pro.jpg   WP_20160820_16_22_10_Pro.jpg  

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:13 AM   #433

Slide out question

Question for my fellow X213 owners. Do you clean off your slideout before you slide it it? If you do, how do you reach it without hauling a huge ladder, and what do you clean it with exactly? Do you ever condition the squeegee seal on the top?

Thanks in advance
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
Old 08-22-2016, 08:33 AM   #434

I carry a long squeegee. When is raining the the water can drip on the couch when you close up so pull the water off first. Mostly I try not to camp in that kind of weather. Aside from rain I haven't cleaned it off. I also haven't conditioned the rubber. My unit isn't a year old yet. However I do know some that condition at the start of the season or at the end.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
Do you clean off your slideout before you slide it it? If you do, how do you reach it without hauling a huge ladder, and what do you clean it with exactly? Do you ever condition the squeegee seal on the top?
Yes, I clean off the top. I use a little Cosco step stool that we've been using for the kids climbing into the top bunks (this one, I believe: https://amzn.com/B00DQC8XU8). I bought a telescoping window cleaner (squeegee on one side, scrubber on the other). The step stool gets me just high enough to see over the top to make sure I get everything. I haven't conditioned the seal yet, but I plan to.
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #436

Can someone get me a pic of the underside of the top bunk? We just finished reassembling the front area and I'm pretty sure the dealer forgot to give us some pieces back.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
Thanks! Ordered one for myself. Looks easy enough to install.

I recently made one more mod to my trailer. I added some more interior work surface which doubles as a handy table:

Jayco X213 Quick Table/Work Surface – Restricted Ayerspace

Inspired by the others before me. Click the link to see more details.
I took the bracket off an old RV grill I wasn't using and made this table out of some cheap wood, and then painted it with countertop paint for durability. Sorry for the bad photo but I took it today while camping so I don't have any photo editing tools handy.

Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
Old 08-23-2016, 04:45 AM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootus View Post
Yes, I clean off the top. I use a little Cosco step stool that we've been using for the kids climbing into the top bunks (this one, I believe: https://amzn.com/B00DQC8XU8). I bought a telescoping window cleaner (squeegee on one side, scrubber on the other). The step stool gets me just high enough to see over the top to make sure I get everything. I haven't conditioned the seal yet, but I plan to.

I also use a stool but I bought a small leaf blower that I use to blow all the stuff off the top of the slide before I close up. It works really well and is pretty fast just plug it in with extension cord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
2011 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X213
2000 Chevy 2500HD Silverado
jmoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #439

I use a battery powered leaf blower with a smal step stool. Works great.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
I use a battery powered leaf blower with a smal step stool. Works great.
Does this work for the rain as well or do you not worry about getting water off before you slide it in?
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher